The following article will include the types of communication a patent will receive for their vaccine appointment once you have set this up in the Vaccinations section of your HotDoc Dashboard. This includes:
- Appointment reminders
- Pre and post-appointment information
- Consent forms
Please view the following article to see how each of these features work.
In this article
Please note: By default, reminders will send 24 hours prior to the appointment time. If however, the appointment is made less than 24 hours before the appointment time but no more than 2 hours before, we will send the following communication immediately.
Patients can receive an appointment reminder in any of the following forms:
- Patients may receive a push notification on their mobile device if they book through the app and if your clinic has enabled push notifications. See What are Push Notifications? and How to activate push notifications for more information.
Example of what it looks like once a patient opens the push notification.
- We will send an email appointment reminder if you have the patients email address in their patient file. This will also provide you the option to include pre-appointment information.
Example of the appointment reminder email for
Example of the appointment reminder email for COVID-19 Vaccines
Example of what it looks like once a patient
- We will send patients a SMS if we are unable to send a push notification or email.
Example of the SMS for a Flu Vaccine
Example of the sms for a COVID-19 Vaccine
Example of what it looks like once the patient clicks the link in the SMS
|You can see how a reminder was sent and how patients responded in the HotDoc Dashboard. The status of the appointment reminders will also write back into your clinical software. For more information on this please see How do I know if an appointment reminder has been confirmed?|
Pre and post-appointment information
The pre and post-appointment information has pre-populated text, however you can edit or include any information that you wish. Follow this guide to see how to set it up, edit the message or view how it is sent to patients.
Please note that post-appointment information is only available for COVID-19 Vaccine appointment types.
How do I set up pre and post-appointment information
Please follow these instructions if you have not yet completed the Vaccinations setup:
- Log into your HotDoc Dashboard and click Vaccinations > COVID-19 Vaccines or Flu Vaccines. Click Set Up to complete the self onboarding setup.
Flu Vaccines *coming soon*
- Once you're in the Communications section, you can enable pre and post-appointment information by selecting Yes. You can customise the pre-populated copy by typing in the text box field.
- Once you have done this, click Next and complete the onboarding flow. This information be activated once you enable the appointment types for online bookings.
How to edit the copy in pre and post-appointment information
- Go to Vaccinations > COVID-19 Vaccines or Flu Vaccines in your HotDoc Dashboard, then click View Appointment Setup under the appointment type you would like to edit:
- Click edit next to Communications, and you can add, edit or remove the pre or post-appointment information directly from the pop-up. Press Save and your changes will be effective immediately.
Please note: If all the text in the pre appointment information is removed, patients who book in via reception will no longer receive a confirmation email at the time of their booking being created
How patients will receive the pre and post information
If you enabled pre and post-appointment information, we will send patients an email with this information regardless of whether your clinic has enabled or disabled emails to send (including clinic booked emails). This is so patients can receive this important information.
Pre-appointment information - Flu Vaccine and COVID-19 Vaccine
Patients will receive the pre-appointment information in each of the following ways:
- In their appointment confirmation email once they book online or through your clinic directly
- Attached to the appointment reminder email, and once a patient confirms their appointment:
Example of pre-appt information shown in the HotDoc booked appointment confirmation email.
Example of pre-appointment information shown in the Clinic booked appointment confirmation email.
Example of pre-appointment information after patient confirms their appointment in the app or web browser.
Post-appointment information - COVID-19 Vaccine only
Patients will receive their post-appointment information in the form of an email. The email will be sent 2 hours after their appointment start time:
Example of a post-appointment information email sent to patients.
Vaccine consent form
|You will have the option to use a vaccine consent form to capture patients consent. You can enable this during or after completing the vaccination self onboarding (for COVID-19 & Flu vaccines) in your HotDoc Dashboard.|
COVID-19 only - Multiple vaccine brands:
There will only be one COVID-19 consent form for all vaccine appointment types and brands.
How will patients receive the consent form?
For patients booking via the clinic, we recommend making sure an email address is on file as this ensures they have the best experience.
Patients who don’t have an email address on file will only be prompted to fill in the consent form after confirming their appointment via the link in their SMS reminder, sent 24 hours prior to their appointment.
Patients can receive the consent form at any of the following times below based on if they booked online or directly through the clinic or if they are a new or existing patient to your clinic:
- If booking online only as a new or existing patient, patients will receive a prompt to fill in the consent form after their booking request has been confirmed. If the patient is new, they will have to complete two forms (consent & new patient registration):
Example of consent and new patient form
after booking online
- If booking online or through the clinic as a new patient only, they will receive a prompt via push notification, email or SMS with the consent form as well as the new patient form, as soon as we sync the appointment. To enable this, see Send new patient form as soon as the patient books.
- If booking online or through the clinic as a new or existing patient, patients will receive a prompt in their appointment confirmation email:
COVID-19 Vaccine appointments
Flu Vaccine appointments *coming soon*
- If booking online or through the clinic as a new or existing patient, once they have confirmed their appointment reminder they will receive a prompt to complete their consent form:
COVID-19 Vaccine appointment
Flu Vaccine appointment *coming soon*
- If booking online or through the clinic as an existing or new patient, we will send a prompt via push notification, email or SMS if the form/s are incomplete and the appointment time is approaching.
Example for COVID-19 and Flu vaccine appointments,
consent form and new patient form
- If booked online as a new or existing patient, we will show a prompt to complete the form/s in the HotDoc app. The patient may need to click the drop down arrow to see this prompt. Please note: If the patient booked through the clinic and meets these requirements, they will see this prompt to complete the form/s.
COVID-19 Vaccine appointments
Flu Vaccine appointments *coming soon*
Consent form resources
For more information on editing, processing, downloading or the expected behaviour of write-backs into the patient file for your vaccine consent forms, please see the following articles for further assistance:
- How to edit a form
- Forms Sidebar Workflow
- Downloading PDF form submissions
- Why didn't some fields transfer from the form to the patient file?