As patients submit their forms, you will be required to process them within the HotDoc Sidebar. Some details will be automatically processed, while others will need your team to copy and paste manually into the patient record.
This guide contains a training video and a step by step guide on how to process a form submissions through the HotDoc Sidebar.
In this article
We recommend that each member of your patient facing team watches the video below and is confident in processing forms through the HotDoc Sidebar.
The video below outlines:
- Reception workflows
- Forms and your practice management software
How do I access my Form Submissions?
|It is important that you regularly check your Form submissions. This will ensure all patient files are up to date and the forms completed before the patient arrives at the practice.|
Patients' form submissions are accessed from the HotDoc Sidebar. Please ensure all reception computers have the Sidebar installed, this way each team member can help process your submissions.
If you don't see the HotDoc Sidebar on your computer, click here to be guided on the correct install procedures.
- To see your forms, first select Menu from your Sidebar:
- Then click on Forms:
- You can then see forms which are requiring your attention in this section:
What does each Form Status mean?
Your form submissions appear in the order in which they were submitted, with the most recent at the top. Submissions can also be filtered by patient name using the search bar at the top of the Sidebar:
Example of the Patient Search bar
Submissions can be in any of the following four statuses:
- Submitted - This is colour coded as red and means the submission was submitted by the patient and is waiting to be processed
- Adding - This is colour coded as yellow and means HotDoc is automatically adding the fields that we can into the practice management system.
- Added - This is colour coded as green and means HotDoc has added all of the fields it can into the practice management system.
- Complete - Complete submissions will not appear in the Sidebar. This means that the submission has been manually entered into patient’s file and can be removed from the list.
How do I process Form submissions?
Once a form is submitted by a patient via their link, HotDoc will do the following:
- Automatically process any main fields we can write back such as name, DOB, mobile (for practices using Best Practice, Medical Director or Zedmed)
- Send the submission to the HotDoc Sidebar for your team to manually process fields that we cannot write back
When you see a form in the HotDoc Sidebar, we require you to action it depending on its form status.
- Navigate to HotDoc Sidebar > Menu > Forms:
- If HotDoc sees an existing patient record for the patient, we will automatically process the submission when we receive it and update the patient record with the fields we are able to write back to. The submission will then appear in your Sidebar and will be in an Added state:
- We then require you to copy all remaining fields into the patient's file. Select the Copy Manual Fields and copy and paste the fields which HotDoc could not automatically write into the patient file:
How do I copy manual form fields?
Any field that HotDoc didn't automatically enter into the patients file will require you to manually copy across into the patient's file. You will need to navigate to the patient's file in your Patient Management System and open their Demographics.
- Select the Copy Manual Fields button on the main form submission:
- You can then see any remaining fields that haven't been automatically entered by HotDoc:
- Select the Copy button next to the field you want to copy. You will see the Ready to Paste button to know that this field is now copied to your clipboard:
- Manually paste the field into the corresponding field in the patient file. The form submission will stay on top of the patient management system window as you copy and paste each individual field.
- Once each field has been copied and pasted into the patient file, click Finished Copy & Pasting:
- You will then have the option to Download a PDF of the form submission to upload to the patient file or mark the submission as complete to clear it from the Sidebar:
Why is my Form submission red?
If HotDoc cannot see an existing patient record, we will send the submission to the sidebar in a Submitted state. You will need to assist with linking the form submission to the correct patient file.
- Click the Add to [your clinical software] button:
- On the next screen you can view the submission and then select Add to Clinical Software again. HotDoc will then try to find an existing patient record which matches the submission in your clinical software. If the patient is one of these matches, select the patient. Otherwise select Create new Patient and then Continue:
- A final informational box will appear advising how many fields we are able to write back to the patient record. Select Done to continue:
- The submission will now change from Adding to Added. Select Copy Manual Fields to finish manually copying and pasting the extra fields to the patient record:
- Finally, mark as Complete to clear the submission from the Sidebar once you've finished manually adding your fields:
Form submissions in the Dashboard
You can see the status of form submissions, as well as some further details about a patients form submission in the HotDoc Dashboard. To view this:
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard then go to Forms > Submitted.
- Here you can see some further information about form submissions in your Dashboard such as the total submitted forms, completed forms, and forms awaiting review in your Sidebar.
- You can then see further information about a patients submission such as:
- Submitted date and time
- Form type
- Family name and first name
- Status (of the form in your Sidebar - submitted, processed, complete)