The Forms product supports the automatic download of the PDF file directly into your clinical software.
As the patient submits their form, HotDoc will auto-process the details we can automatically write back to the patient's record, as well as a PDF version of the form.
You also have the option to manually download a PDF version of the form alongside the automatic download feature.
In this article
Where can I locate the PDF form in my clinical software?
The form PDF will download to a place specific to your clinical software, depending on which system you use.
Please note: This will be the same for both New Patient Registration forms and Vaccine Consent forms.
The automatic PDF download feature is compatible with Best Practice versions Jade and above with HotDoc enabled in BP's Third Party Integration settings.
The PDF will be downloaded to the "Correspondence In" section of the patient record.
- Open the patient file in Best Practice and select Correspondence In.
|Please note: for HotDoc to be able to successfully add the PDF to a patient file, an additional user may need to be added to Best Practice.|
To do this, navigate to Setup > Users and add a new user with these details:
- First name: HotDoc Forms
- Last name: user
- Add a category of Practice Nurse (and not guest)
- Do not add default sessions
- Permissions: Clinical notes - Add/Edit
In Medical Director, the PDF with download into the Documents tab.
- Open the patient file in Medical Director and click on the Documents tab. You will then see the form submission.
In Zedmed, the PDF will download to the Results Inbox.
- Go to to Clinical then Results Inbox to access the PDF.
- From here, the PDF will need to be assigned to the patient record from the Results inbox.
How can I manually download the PDF?
- In the HotDoc Sidebar, click the menu tab, then click Forms.
- Click the 'Download PDF' button on the form submission you wish to download.
- Save the PDF to your desired folder.