The HotDoc Dashboard allows you to add or edit a practitioner on your GP clinic's online bookings page, customise their individual profile, adjust their online booking settings, and select and edit the appointment types that they perform.
Filling in each profile with this information will assist your patients in booking an online appointment with the practitioner that best meets their needs.
Once created, each practitioner profile will have an Edit section that is divided into three parts:
- Practitioner Profile
- Online Bookings Settings
- Appointment Types
In order to display the relevant appointments online for each of your practitioners, you will need to set up your appointment types. For more information on how to do this please click here.
In this article
How to add a new practitioner
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard.
- Select Bookings from the left hand side, Practitioner Setup then New Practitioner from the top right hand side.
- Enter the practitioner's name in the field and select Create. Please note: This is what will show on your booking page.
From here, you can edit the Display Name and upload other custom options to the following fields. Please click the links for step by step instructions on how to edit these:
- Link the practitioner to the corresponding practitioner profile in your clinical software by using the drop down menu under the Link to (Clinical Software) section and clicking their name. Please see How to link or unlink a Practitioner for further details.
If a practitioner is not linked, they will not appear on your booking page
- Tick the Visible for Online Bookings box to make the practitioner available for online bookings and press Save.
From here you can:
- View and edit the online bookings settings for this practitioner
- Edit and customise the appointment type settings for this practitioner
How to edit an existing practitioner profile
Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard.
- Select Bookings in the left menu then select Practitioner Setup. To edit an existing practitioner, you can toggle between the All, Visible, Non Visible or Archived filter, then select Edit the edit practitioner of your choice.
- You can then edit any of the following fields below. Please click the links below for step by step instructions on how to edit these:
Online bookings settings
To enable or disable any of the following online booking settings, simply select or deselect the check box for any of the following options and press Save:
- Visible for online bookings.
- Tell any patients to call the clinic. Selecting this renders the practitioner 'call the clinic to book' only. This allows for you to advertise a practitioner that does not want to accept online bookings.
- Tell new patients to call the clinic. Any patients who indicate that they are new to the clinic will need to call to book an appointment with this practitioner.
- Allow patients to book with the practitioner on the same day as other practitioners.
- Accept video appointments if the practitioner performs Telehealth Video consults.
Set how far into the future a patient can make a booking. To do this, enter the number of days in the box next to Patients can book an appointment online no more than. (The default is always set to the maximum amount of 90 days).
- Set how close to an appointment time a patient can make a booking. To do this, enter the time in the box next to Patients can book an appointment online no less than.
- Set how close to an appointment time a patient can cancel for this practitioner. To do this, enter the time in the box next to Patients can cancel an appointment online if it is no more.
How to select or edit appointment types
This section will display all appointment types that have been created. To ensure a patient is able to request an appointment with a practitioner, you will need to enable appointment types on their individual profile. Please see how to add, edit or remove these appointment types to learn more.
- To enable or disable an appointment type, select or deselect the checkbox next to the appointment type and press Save.
- To edit the appointment duration or terms and conditions click Edit next to the appointment type. You can then select a duration from the drop down menu and type in your terms and conditions then press Save.
- If the appointment type accepts payment via HotDoc, you can adjust a practitioner's individual payment amount by typing or clicking the arrows, as well as select any custom Telehealth Patient Eligibility settings then press Save. This is particularly handy if you accept different payment amounts per practitioner.