HotDoc Recalls allows you to add a "Call" stage to your Clinical reminders and Results templates so you can track the outcome of a call in the HotDoc Dashboard.
In addition to push notifications, SMN and letter stages, call stage can automatically sort your patients into a call list in the Dashboard for you to work through.
This makes it easy to be reminded to call a patient for their recall if HotDoc weren't able to advise them via push notification or SMN initially.
This feature will allow you to:
- Easily reach patients who have opted out of SMN, have an invalid age or do not have a mobile number.
- Put patients who have not responded to their SMN Recall onto a call list.
- Track the progress and outcome of your call attempts.
- Enter the outcome and comments into the patient file in your clinical software.
In this article
How to enable a call stage
The call stage can be activated within your HotDoc Dashboard by changing your recall templates to a sequence that includes a call option. There are two sequences for clinical reminders and two sequences for results to choose from:
- Clinical reminders: 3 SMN (7 Day) + Call + Letter
- Clinical reminders: 2 SMN (7 Day) + Call + Letter
- Results: 3 Result SMN (2 day) + Call + Letter
- Results: 2 Result SMN (2 day) + Call + Letter
Please note: If your clinic is not using Results, you will not see the Results sequences.
- In your HotDoc Dashboard, click on Recalls > Template Groups > Edit Template next to the recall you would like to edit the sequence for:
- Click the drop box under Remind patients via to view the Call sequences, choose a sequence with a call stage from the list and press Save.
- Repeat step 2 for all other recall templates you would like to enable this sequence for.
- Once the recalls are in the call stage of a sequence, they will appear in the To Call tab within the Results or Clinical Reminders section (depending on the recall and sequence you enabled).
- You can also manually put an individual recall into To Call by selecting the Remind by Call button when viewing the recall details. This button will show if the patient cannot be contacted via SMN so you can put them into a call list instead:
What to do when a recall is in the To Call section
Once you have changed the sequence for a recall template to include the Call option, patients recalls may appear in the To Call tab if the recall reaches that part of the sequence.
- In your HotDoc Dashboard, click on Recalls > Results or Clinical Reminders > To Call to view the list of patients.
- Click on a patients recall to view the details and call the patient from your clinic:
- Record the Call Outcome by clicking the arrow on the dropdown menu and selecting an outcome. You can also write any notes that you would like entered into the patient file in the Additional comment (optional) section, then press the green Save outcome button.
- You will then see the call outcome and comment recorded in the Recall Activity list. These notes will also be entered into the patient file in your clinical software.
- After recording the call outcome in the patients recall, in the Activity screen you will see the recorded call attempts in the Attempts column underneath the phone icon:
How does a recall leave the To Call section
There are a few different ways for a recall to leave the To Call section and move into the next stage of the sequence:
- If you book an appointment for the patient and the Pause on Booking feature is enabled, the status of this recall will move to In progress - patient has an appointment or To action - patient has an appointment.
- If you book an appointment for the patient and the Pause on Booking feature is NOT enabled, select Called: appointment booked in the call outcome section then select Mark as done.
- If the patient did not book an appointment after the call attempts, choose from the Continue to letter or Mark as done options.
|For more information on Pause on Booking, please see Pause on Booking for HotDoc Recalls.|
Where are the notes entered in the patient file?
The call outcome and comments that you leave should enter into the patient file in your clinical software. See the following articles below to see where these notes are entered:
Please note: The call outcome and the comment will write back in your clinical software as two seperate notes.