How do I communicate with my patients to inform them we are moving from Bulk Billing to Mixed Billing?
HotDoc has many options for adding extra communication, so that you can share any changes to the clinic with your patients and avoid any confusion or disappointment.
These options are:
- Add an alert message and/or terms and conditions to appear when appointment types are selected - Practice wide
- Add terms and conditions to appear when appointment types are selected - per practitioner
- Edit text in appointment reminder SMS
- Consider activating HotDoc Payments
- Website optimisation
Create an Alert Message on your Bookings Page
You can create a customised alert message to appear on your Bookings Page, as shown below:
- Log into your HotDoc Dashboard.
- Navigate to Setup > Practice Profile:
- Scroll down to the Alert Message section and enter your message regarding the changes to your billing policy
Click the green Save button:
- The message will now appear at the top of your online bookings page and widget.
Add an alert message and/or terms and conditions to appear when appointment types are selected - Practice wide
You can also add alert messages and/or terms and conditions to specific appointment types, so when a patient selects their appointment type they'll be met with an alert regarding your billing changes for the whole practice.
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard.
- Select Bookings > Appointment Types and then select Edit on any appointment type you wish to add a message to:
- Select the checkbox next to Add a message to appear as soon as this appointment type is selected, type the message below and select Save:
- If you would also like to add in any terms and conditions for the appointment, scroll down to the Templates for Practitioner Setup and type your message.
- Press the green Save button to save your messages. They will be effective immediately.
Add terms and conditions to appear when appointment types are selected - per practitioner
You might like to add an alert message and/or terms and conditions to appear when an appointment type is selected, per practitioner. This is particularly useful if some of your practitioners offer a different type of billing to the rest of the practitioners at the clinic.
Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard.
- Go to Bookings > Practitioner Setup and click Edit next to the practitioner you would like to add the message for:
- Scroll to the Appointments Types for practitioner section and select Edit next to the appointment types you'd like to add a message to:
- In the Terms and Conditions box, enter your desired message and press Save.
|Note: If the appointment types are enabled for new and existing patients, you can put the same message in both fields or customise this message accordingly.|
|Please note: If you've added a message in the "add a message to appear to your appointment types as soon as this is selected" field in your practice wide appointment type settings, this will appear at the beginning when a patients selects your appointment types.The information that you add in the individual practitioners Terms and Conditions box will appear at the end, before the patient confirms their appointment details.|
Edit text in appointment reminder SMS
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard.
- Navigate to Reminders > Settings and scroll down til you see the below:
- In the text box, you can change your appointment reminder SMS to mention the billing change ie. 'Fees may apply' or 'Mixed Billing only'.
Please note the reminder SMS must be within 160 characters.
There is a character counter under the text box, this will be highlighted in red if you exceed the character limit.
Consider activating HotDoc Payments
HotDoc Payments allows you to pre-authorise appointment fees prior to the patients appointment. This provides the patient with a clear indication of how much the appointment will cost with your changes to billing, while also allowing your team to process the payment easily in the HotDoc Dashboard.
For further information: Getting started with payments
Ensure your website has a page outlining your Billing Policy and your clinics appointment fees. You can link your web page in any of the above messages!
For further information and instructions: How do I make a URL link clickable for patients?