There may be a few instance where you'd like to request for patients to add their card details for any upcoming appointments booked directly through your practice or online through HotDoc. Please follow the instructions in the article below to see how to do this.
In this article
When should I use this feature?
This feature allows you to send a patient a request for their card details for any upcoming online or reception booked appointment that does not have automatic payments already set up. This feature can be useful when:
- You want capture card details for specific patients prior to their attendance for their upcoming appointment booked either online or through the practice directly
- You have some practitioners that do not want automatic payment requests to send for their appointments. We recommend using this option instead of setting up automatic requests for the specific appointment type, so you can manually select the upcoming appointments for practitioners who want to capture payment via HotDoc.
Please follow the steps in the section below to see how to do this!
How to manually request patient card details for an upcoming appointment
Please note this feature is only available for upcoming appointments (booked through your practice, or online through HotDoc).
If you'd like to manually request payment for an appointment that has passed, please see: How to create, refund or cancel a HotDoc 'Payment Request
- Open the HotDoc Dashboard and click Payments > Booking Activity.
- Select + Request Patient Card Details.
- Find the patient's appointment by using the filters, or by searching by the patients name. Once you've located the appointment, tick the box next to the appointment, then click Next.
- Enter the estimated cost of the appointment and then click Send Now.
- You will then see confirmation that the request was successfully sent to the patient, and the status will change to 'Requested'.