This guide will take you through the essentials of setting up Flu Vaccinations, including:
- Setup required in your practice management software (PMS)
- Setup required in your HotDoc Dashboard
- How to complete the Flu Vaccine setup, and features included such as consent forms, pre-appointment information, tandem appointments and multiple bookings
- How to enable your appointment online for bookings
If you are doing this for the first time, you will be required to complete all sections below.
In this article
Step 1: Download our Flu Kit to set up your flu appointment types and practitioners
|This step is essential to complete in your practice management software and HotDoc before completing the flu vaccinations setup in your HotDoc Dashboard.|
- Go to our website here and click on your respective practice management software to download your kit.
- Open the 'Flu Kit '[PMS name] Guides 2022' file, and complete each step to set up flu vaccine appointment types and a practitioner (if applicable) in your PMS, as well as in HotDoc.
- Once you have completed these steps, you're ready to complete the setup in the Vaccinations section of the Dashboard!
Step 2: Complete appointment type setup in 'Vaccinations' section of the HotDoc Dashboard
|This step is essential to ensure your appointment types include all the flu vaccine features such as pre and post appointment information emails, consent forms, appointment reminders and stock management.|
- In your HotDoc Dashboard, go to Vaccinations > Flu
- Select the green Set up your Flu Vaccine Appt button
- Ensure you have completed each step in the checklist as outlined, and select 'Yes, I'm Done' for each item:
- Once you've completed the list, click Get Started to begin the guided setup:
- Follow the instructions in each of the guided steps. This will allow you to enable the following features:
- Consent form
- Appointment reminders with the word 'Flu Vax'
- Pre-appointment communication settings
- Tandem appointments
- Multiple bookings settings
- Add an additional flu vaccine appointment type to include these settings, eg. 'Flu Vaccine' and 'Flu Vaccine 65+', this setup will allow you to set up each appointment type.
- Once completed, you will see your appointment types set up like below. For more details on each field and how to set appointment limits, please see How does the vaccine stock management feature work? and How do I add appointment limits to manage my COVID-19 or Flu vaccine stock?
- If you have no practitioners enabled for this appointment type, click the Edit button under HotDoc Bookable Appointment, and select your practitioners in the appointment type settings.
- Once you're ready to start taking online bookings, change the Online Appointments toggle to ON. Patients can start booking immediately!
Step 3: Helpful resources and Support Articles
Congratulations! You have now completed the Flu Vaccine set up and should have enabled all the Flu Vaccine settings.
- Do you have a question? See if it's been answered in the Flu Vaccine FAQs!
- To see the ways in which a patient will receive their appointment reminder, pre-appointment information and consent form please see What communications do patients receive for a Flu or COVID-19 vaccine appointment?
- For an overview of the vaccinations page once you have completed the set up, see How does the vaccine stock management feature work?
- To see how to set appointment limits for your stock levels, see How do I add appointment limits to manage my COVID-19 or Flu vaccine stock?
- If you would like to edit or remove your stock limits, please see How do I remove existing stock limits for COVID-19 Vaccines?
- If patients who don't have a vaccine appointment receive a vaccine consent form or reminder you can solve this in your Dashboard using the steps in this guide: Why are patients receiving a vaccine consent form or reminder for a non-vaccine appointment?