With COVID-19 causing some changes in how medical centres operate, you may want to offer the option to book a telehealth video appointment.
If your clinic uses HotDoc Telehealth Video, please read below to learn more about how a patient books and attends a Video appointment.
In this article
How to book a Telehealth Video appointment
- Once a patient starts making an online booking with your clinic, they will be asked to choose a time and then verify their contact number and email address:
- After confirming these details, they will see the option to confirm the booking request. Selecting Yes, book now will send the request to your clinic:
- Once your appointment is confirmed, they will receive an email with some additional information about their video consultation:
How does the patient join the Video consult?
HotDoc's Telehealth Video solution uses a third party video platform called Whereby to facilitate the video consult.
- Once the appointment has been confirmed, the patient will be provided the link to the consult in three places:
- The confirmation email
- The Appointments tab in the Mobile/Web app
- The appointment reminder
Example of the app link
Example of the email link
Example of the appointment reminder link
- We suggest that the patient "arrives" 10 minutes early to the virtual meeting room and ensure they have the following ready:
- A computer, tablet, or mobile phone charged at least 50% and with a video camera and microphone
- A browser such as Safari, Chrome, or Firefox installed and updated to the latest version
- A stable internet connection
- A quiet and private room to complete the call from
- Somewhere to write down notes from the doctor during the call
- Once the patient is ready, they will click on the link. This will direct the patient to a "virtual "waiting room" which will show them their place in queue. We will also automatically arrive them into your clinical software if they visit the virtual waiting room within 30 minutes of their appointment time:
- Once they are ready, the patient will select Start Consultation. The patient may then be required to choose between using the Whereby App, or an internet browser (iOS 13 or above/ Chrome browser on Android required) if they are using a mobile device:
- After choosing either app or browser, they will be required to enter their name and hit Continue:
- The patient will then be asked to grant permission to use their device's camera and microphone.
- After this, the patient can select Join meeting and wait for their Doctor to join as well:
See How to join a Meeting you were invited to to learn more.