The HotDoc Forms product is a secure digital form that easily allows patients to fill out their details prior to their initial appointment. The types of forms we can send to patients are New Patient Registration forms, Consent forms, Assessment forms, or a Custom form of your own. For more detailed information on vaccine consent forms specifically, please see Appointment Communication for Vaccine Appointments.
In this article
How will patients receive the new patient registration form?
HotDoc ensures the patient is shown the link to fill out your new patient form in multiple places:
- If the patient books a 'New Patient' appointment online through HotDoc. Once the booking is confirmed, will we show the patient a link to complete their form and they will receive an email with a link to the form, as well as a link in their reminder email:
Page shown after confirmation
Example of a booking confirmation email
- If you are using HotDoc Reminders, we will send an SMS or Push Notification to a new patient, whether they book via HotDoc or not. The patient clicks the link via their reminder to confirm their appointment and once confirmed, they are shown a link to complete their new patient registration form.
Example of Push Notification
Example of a SMS
- If you are using HotDoc inform promotions, the patient may also receive an Inform promotion once the form is submitted. To turn this feature on, see How to activate or deactivate a HotDoc Inform Campaign:
How will patients receive additional forms? (consent, assessment, custom etc)
For patients booking via the clinic, we recommend making sure an email address is input in their patient file, as this ensures they have the best experience. If they don’t, they will only be prompted to fill in the consent form after confirming their appointment via the link in their SMS reminder, sent 24 hours prior to their appointment.
Patients can receive the form at any of the following times below based on if they booked online or directly through the clinic or if they are a new or existing patient to your clinic:
- If booking online as a new or existing patient, they will receive a prompt to fill in the form after their booking request has been confirmed. If the patient is new, they will have to complete two forms (consent & new patient registration):
Example of form prompt after booking online
- If booking online or through the clinic, as soon as we sync the appointment they will receive a prompt via push notification, email or SMS with a link to fill in the consent form. If they're a new patient they will receive the new patient form too, . To enable this, see Send form as soon as the patient books.
Example of SMS form prompt
- If booking online or through the clinic as a new or existing patient, patients will receive a prompt in their appointment confirmation email.
COVID-19 Vaccine consent form
Transfer of patient records form
- If booking online or through the clinic as a new or existing patient, once they have confirmed their appointment reminder they will receive a prompt to complete their consent form:
COVID-19 Vaccine appointment
Transfer of patient records form
- If booking online or through the clinic as an existing or new patient, we will send a prompt via push notification, email or SMS if the form/s are incomplete and the appointment time is approaching.
Example for all forms
- If booked online as a new or existing patient, we will show a prompt to complete the form/s in the HotDoc app. The patient may need to click the drop down arrow to see this prompt. Please note: If the patient booked through the clinic and meets these requirements, they will see this prompt to complete the form/s.
COVID-19 Vaccine consent form example
Transfer of patient records form example
|If a patient did not receive their form, please see our troubleshooting guide Why didn't this patient receive a Form? for some helpful tips and explanations!|