Once you have successfully created a Form, you may want to make changes to it after it is live. This article will take you through the steps for editing an existing HotDoc Form.
In this article
This video covers both creating and editing a form. Click the button that says Skip to Editing at the beginning to go straight to the editing section. Alternatively, read the steps in the article below.
How to edit a Form
- Log into your HotDoc Dashboard and click on the Forms section to the left of the page. From here, click the Edit button next to your form.
To edit an existing question
- Choose the section from the sections box that you would like to edit. The section will be green once you have selected this. Click the pencil next to an existing question to edit this.
- You can then start editing the existing question details or the questions settings by clicking and typing, selecting an option or clicking the red bin icon to remove a question.
- If you would like to add an additional supporting question, scroll to the bottom of the page and click + Add supporting question, then follow the prompts.
- After you have made changes click the green Update Question button to save changes.
To add a new question
- Choose the section from the sections box that you would like to add a new question to, then click the + Add question box.
- Choose a Question Template by clicking the drop down menu then choosing an option. Type to edit the Question Label, and then choose the Question Type from one of the options in the drop down menu.
- Determine the options and settings
- Add a supporting question if required
- Click Create Question when you're finished
- Once you have made your changes, at the bottom right hand side of the page you will be asked to Update Draft and Preview or Save changes.
When saving your form, you are provided a number of options depending on whether you want to continue to work on the form at a later date, or make it live straight away.
- Update Draft and Preview allows you to preview the changes you've made to the form before saving. Once you're done previewing click Return to Dashboard:
- Save Changes allows you to either choose Save draft (for editing and previewing at a later time) or Make live (make changes as live and visible to your patients immediately):
- Save Draft allows you to save your changes without making the form live. This will save a draft to the Drafts section of your forms. You can edit this draft again or make it live by clicking Publish to Live - This will replace the current live form with the updated draft:
Send new patient form as soon as the patient books
We may send a prompt to the patient to complete their form as soon as we have synced their booking has been made by reception. This prompt will also be sent out via SMS, Email or Push Notification. To enable this:
- Go to Forms > Forms in the HotDoc Dashboard.
- Check the tick box next to the Send the form as soon as the patient books