|The following article outlines the journey for a patient, once you have completed the vaccine setup in your HotDoc Dashboard and have made the COVID-19 Vaccine Dose 1 and] Dose 2 (optional) appointment types available for online bookings.|
A patient may be directed to your clinic via the HealthDirect website, your embedded booking widget on your website, or they may search our the HotDoc website or app for a practitioner that meets their needs.
How to book a COVID-19 Vaccination appointment
- The patient will begin by selecting the Book Appointment button or by viewing the practitioner and selecting See Available Appointment Times:
- The patient will then be asked if they are booking for themselves, someone else or a family member/friend.
- They will then select if this person is new to the clinic or if they are an existing patient:
- They select COVID-19 Vaccine Dose 1 or COVID-19 Vaccine Dose 2 appointment type:
- The patient will then select the desired appointment time:
- If the holder of the account is booking for a new family member who is not yet added to the account, they will be asked to enter their details and confirm if they have consent to book on behalf of this patient:
- After choosing who they are booking for and a date/time, if your have enabled COVID-19 Screening Mode and the patient books an appointment within 14 days, we will screen them for flu like symptoms. They will also answer a series of COVID-19 Vaccine screening eligibility questions.
- If the patient is eligible in accordance to the government roll-out phase strategy, they will be asked to verify their appointment details before confirming their booking request:
- Once the Dose 1 appointment is confirmed, we will then ask the patient to book a COVID-19 Vaccine Dose 2 appointment if your clinic has this enabled for online bookings. This will skip to 12 weeks after the appointment time the patient selected for Dose 1 if they have booked Dose 1 through HotDoc.
- Once the Dose 2 appointment is confirmed, the patient will receive a prompt to fill out a consent form and a new patient form if they're new to your clinic if you have enabled these options.
- If the patient has booked both Dose 1 and 2 appointments and tries to cancel Dose 1 before cancelling Dose 2, they will be informed to cancel their Dose 2 appointment first:
- The patient will then receive an appointment confirmation email, including the pre-appointment information if you enabled this option in your vaccine setup.
- The patient will receive an appointment reminder in the form of an email, push notification or SMS where the patient will then confirm or decline their appointment.
To conclude, once a patient has attended their appointment at your clinic they will receive an email with post-appointment information if you have enabled this.