|Due to the events occurring around COVID-19, HotDoc have implemented a feature which allows your practice to use online bookings to screen for patients who may have flu like symptoms.|
Online bookings can be a great way to assist with screening for patients who may be at risk and require further support during this time. Read the following guide to learn more about this feature and how to set it up.
In this article
What is Patient Screening?
Patient Screening (or 'Screening Mode') will appear after the patient has selected their practitioner and the time of the appointment they wish to book.
- Once the time is selected, the following alerts will appear:
- After selecting I will answer truthfully, they will be asked the following questions:
- If the patient selects Yes to any of the alerts, they will be shown the following screen and they will not be able to continue with their online booking:
- Alternatively, if you have our Telehealth Screening mode enabled, the patient will see the option to book a Telehealth consult:
How to turn on Patient Screening
- Log into your HotDoc Dashboard and navigate to Bookings > COVID-19 Mode > enable the Patient screening check box:
- You can also choose what you would like to screen patients for, as well as where they are directed to if seen as a risk:
- Select the green Save button to save your settings.
Please note: Screening Mode will also activate a default message to appear on your SMS Appointment Reminder Link if you are also using HotDoc Reminders.
A message will appear once the patient clicks the hyperlink in their SMS Appointment Reminder:
- To create a Telehealth appointment option using Screening Mode, see Telehealth Screening Mode.
- See Creating an alert message for an emerging health concern for some further tips on how to use HotDoc to assist with screening your patients.