Our stock management feature allows you to input the amount of appointments you would like to make available online based on the amount of stock you have at your clinic.
Once a vaccine appointment is booked through HotDoc or through your clinic reception, we will then adjust the amount of vaccine appointments that can be booked online accordingly.
In this article
How does COVID-19 vaccine stock management work?
- Set appointment limits based on the amount of available stock at your clinic.
- Once a vaccine appointment is booked online or directly through reception at your clinic, we will deduct the amount of available appointments.
- Once all the available appointments have been booked, we will disable vaccine appointment types from being booked online (optional).
- If you do not set an appointment limit, but enable your vaccine appointment types for online bookings, we will still show availability online regardless.
It is crucial that you correctly link the vaccine appointment type created in your clinical software to the HotDoc vaccine appointment type in your Dashboard during initial setup. This is how we will accurately display available appointments online against the stock at your clinic.
COVID-19 vaccine management features
The image below explains each of the features as seen on the vaccine management page:
Important to note:
- To enable or disable Dose 2 appointment types to be booked at the same time as Dose 1, click edit next to HotDoc Bookable Appointment, then select/unselect the checkbox and press Save.
- If you would like to manually enable or disable online bookings for your vaccine appointments, toggling the on/off button next to the appropriate appointment.
How to set up and adjust appointment limits
- In the Dashboard go to Vaccinations. If you have not set up the vaccinations product, complete this first. Once this has been done, you will see the Stock Management section as below:
- Here you can set an appointment limit for both Vaccine Dose 1 and Dose 2 appointment types. Click Set Up and enter the amount of appointments to make available based on the stock at your clinic. Click Set up Limit to save:
- We will ask you to type an email address of your choice to notify you when you have reached your appointment limit:
- If you would like HotDoc to automatically turn off your online bookings once you reach your appointment limit, select Yes, Limit Online Bookings:
- You will then see the appointment limit on the right along with the available slots, upcoming appointments and the appointments booked on the given today.
Please Note: The available slots will be deducted when a patient books both online and directly through reception at your clinic:
- As more stock comes into your clinic or if you need to decrease the appointment limit, select the Edit button > edit your limit accordingly > Update.
You can also edit whether we automatically turn off your online bookings once you reach your appointment limit and edit the email address if required:
- You will then see your updated appointment limit and available slots:
How will I be notified when we reach the appointment limit?
We will send an email to your nominated email address, as per the stock limit setup above. See step 6 in the section above if you would like to edit this email address to a different user, so they are notified once you have reached your appointment limit.
- If you enabled the setting for HotDoc to automatically turn off your online bookings once you reach your appointment limit, you will receive an email like this:
- If you you have chosen to manually turn off your online bookings once you reach your appointment limit, you will receive an email like this: