- Is HotDoc Reviews ok to use?
- Which patients will receive a review request?
- Should I respond to online reviews?
- Can HotDoc help me change or edit the reviews?
- What if I get a lot of negative reviews?
- Can I turn the reviews off?
- What happens when a patient leaves an inappropriate review?
- Can I enable reviews for certain practitioners or appointment types?
- How long will HotDoc wait to send another review request?
- How do I sign up for a Google My Business account?
- My Google My Business account is attached to multiple sites, can I still use this?
- What happens if I want to change or unlink my Google My Business account?
- Can I customise the SMS sent to patients?
Is HotDoc Reviews ok to use?
Yes. HotDoc Reviews works simply by removing the manual step of asking a patient to leave a Google Review. See Is HotDoc Reviews ok to use for more information.
Which patients will receive a review request?
HotDoc Reviews attempts to send a review request to all patients who have had an appointment.
- For practices using Best Practice, Medical Director, Zedmed or Genie: The patient must be marked as 'seen' in the appointment book to qualify for a Reviews request to be sent either to their email address, mobile number on their patient file, or via push notification to their HotDoc app.
- For practices using the HotDoc Calendar: The patient will receive a prompt to leave a review 2 hours after their appointment time has passed.
Should I respond to online reviews?
The RACGP provides information for clinics and practices about how to deal with online consumer reviews. See RACGP's fact sheet Responding to Online Reviews for more information.
Can HotDoc help me change or edit the reviews?
HotDoc simply provides you a platform to engage and encourage your patients to leave a Review on your Google My Business page. HotDoc has no control over your Google My Business listing and no access to edit or change your reviews on that platform.
Can I delete a negative review?
Deleting reviews is not within Google's guidelines and is therefore, not allowed. This is to ensure that they can maintain an accurate representation of a business and create a trustworthy platform.
What happens when a patient leaves an inappropriate review?
If you believe that a review a patient has left has violated Google's policy, you can flag it with Google. Find out how to flag inappropriate reviews here.
Can I turn the reviews off?
You can turn the automatic request for a review off in the Dashboard. Just head to Reputation > Reviews and toggle the button in the top right corner to off.
Can I enable reviews for certain practitioners or appointment types?
All your customers should have an equal opportunity to leave a review. Because of this, HotDoc Review requests are sent to all patients regardless of the practitioner they saw or the appointment type they came for. This is to ensure that Google Reviews for your business remains impartial and to avoid review gating. To learn more about Google's Reviews policy, please see Google's resource on Format Specific Criteria.
How long will HotDoc wait to send another review request?
HotDoc will not send another review request for another 12 months after the first request was sent.
How do I sign up for a Google My Business Account?
Please see Increase traffic to your website and HotDoc booking page for more information.
My Google My Business account is attached to multiple sites, can I still use this?
Yes, during set up in the Dashboard after signing in with your Google My Business account details, you will be asked to select which location you wish to link up.
What happens if I want to change or unlink my Google My Business account?
Your Google My Business account is generally linked to a place so you are not usually required to change accounts. If you wish to unlink and add a different account, please contact Support using the green button below.
Can I customise the SMS sent to patients?
No, at present this is not customisable to ensure compliance with the RACGP guidelines.