HotDoc Online Bookings can be configured to capture a patient's reason for seeing their doctor, as they are making the booking.
Common reasons why you may want to know a patient's intent before their appointment are:
- To make sure their appointment reason is applicable for a telehealth consult
- To verify that they have made the right type of appointment for their needs
- To verify that they will have enough time for their reason
This guide will take you through how to turn on the Pre-Consult Notes feature, as well as how to check the notes as they are being entered by the patient.
In this article
How to turn on Pre-Consult Notes
Pre-Consult Notes is switched on per Appointment Type in the HotDoc Dashboard.
- Log into your HotDoc Dashboard and navigate to Bookings > Appointment Types, then select Edit next to the type you wish to add this feature to:
- Select the checkbox next to Ask patients to enter the reason for their appointment and then click the green Save button to save your change:
- If you would like this feature to be on for other appointment types, click edit on each of those types and repeat the above steps.
What does the Patient see?
With this feature switched on for an appointment type, the patient will be prompted to enter the reason for their booking.
- Once the patient has selected a time, they will be shown this dialogue box which asks them to enter their appointment reason:
- The patient then types in their reason and hits Continue:
- The reason will be then be captured once the patients appointment request has been completed.
Where do I see the Pre-Consult Notes?
|We recommend viewing new appointment requests in your Booking History at least once a day to check what a patient has written as the reason for their upcoming appointment.|
Pre-Consult Notes are displayed in the HotDoc Dashboard under the patient's request in Booking History.
- Log into your HotDoc Dashboard and navigate to Bookings > Booking History:
- Select a patient with a Note icon to view their Notes:
- You also have the option to view your Booking history in either a compact or detailed form which can help you scan between patients with ease:
Example of Compact View
Example of Detailed View