- We are changing our Software, what do I need to tell HotDoc and How?
We are changing our Software, what do I need to tell HotDoc and How?
Please ensure you have submitted the notification form at least one week in advance, via this form: Practice Software or Database Change Notification
How much notice does HotDoc’s Installations team need?
1-2 week or more. Please let us know by submitting this form (link to form)
Does my HotDoc service need to be temporarily disabled?
We will need to suspend your services temporarily during the transition. Please be aware that ALL HotDoc products will be temporarily disabled during this transition.
- Unless otherwise specified, we will suspend services on the working day prior to the switch date.
Note: HotDoc is not open on weekends. If you are making the switch over the weekend, we will turn off HotDoc on the preceding Friday after 3:00PM.
How long does HotDoc need to be disabled for?
Unless otherwise specified, we will suspend services on the working day prior to the switch date, and re-enablement is possible usually 48-72 hours after the migration has been successful, however our Installation team will work with you and confirm this date.
What do I need to do to prepare for a software change?
- Our installation team will reach out to your IT Contact to make the transition. This includes the reinstallation of HotDoc on your server.
- Sign out of your HotDoc Sidebars on the day of the change.
Preparing your new Practice Software:
- To ensure that you're ready to go after the transition has taken place, please ensure that the following has been actioned prior to the switch:
- Practitioner Columns and Session Times are set up in your new Practice Software.
- Appointments are transferred to your new Appointment Book.
- Active and upcoming patient Recalls (Clinical Reminders) are transferred to the patient file in your new Practice Software.
What do I need to do after the software change is complete?
New HotDoc Users
- As we will be reinstalling HotDoc, new HotDoc User Accounts will be created for access to your HotDoc Dashboard and Sidebar.
- Current HotDoc users will receive user invitation emails once the new instance of HotDoc is installed, and each user will need to create a HotDoc password to gain access.
- You will need to sign out of all HotDoc Sidebars at the practice, and sign back in after creating your new user password(s)
- Once the transition is complete, you will need to link your HotDoc Practitioners to their relevant columns in your new appointment book via the HotDoc Dashboard as explained here.
- You will also need to ensure that their Appointment Types are set up correctly, and that they're made "Visible for Online Bookings".
- If you are switching to Best Practice Software, you will need to manage all patient communications consent via HotDoc going forward.
- HotDoc makes it easy to manage consent by automatically opting patients in by default (unless they ask to be opted out). Please use these links for information on how to manage consent:
HotDoc Recalls (Clinical Reminders):
- Once the transition is complete, you will need to review all of the Recall Template Groups and allocate Reasons to each template before Recalls can begin sending.
- If applicable, you will need to sign out of any and all HotDoc Kiosks at the practice, and sign back in after creating your new user password(s).
Checking HotDoc Configuration:
- We will need to organise a phone call once the transition is complete to check that HotDoc has been configured correctly and you're all set up! I will send through a meeting request for this.