The Dashboard has a Patient Search section, which allows you to search specifically for an active patient in your practice's database and view or edit their opt out preferences for HotDoc SMS services.
In this article
How to use Patient Search
- In the HotDoc Dashboard , select Patients > Patient Search , enter the patients name or phone number then click Search:
- This performs a search of active patients only in your patient database and brings up any matches. If you have multiple matches, verify further details such as DOB and click View for the corresponding patient:
- Click the Consent tab then uncheck any SMS options you wish to opt the patient out of and then click Save:
- To opt a patient back in to receive SMS communication, repeat the steps to above to search for the patient, check the corresponding box and save changes again.
How to check when consent was last updated
Patient Search also shows the last time consent settings were updated by either the practice or the patient in the 'Last Confirmed' section:
- If the Last confirmed date was 'Never', this means the consent settings have not been changed by either the practice or patient in the past, since Patient Search has been updated to include this information.
- If there has been some change, you will now see the date and time the change was initiated, as well as an audit of how this change occurred in the Patient Activity section: