How do I enable or disable Patient Screening questions?
If you would like to enable patient screening, you can activate and customise Patient Screening from the HotDoc Dashboard. Patient Screening prompts patients to self-identify if they have flu-like symptoms and asks them to call your practice before they can book an in-person appointment.
You can also disable this feature if this is no longer required for your practice.
Please see below for further instructions.
- What is Patient Screening?
- How to enable Patient Screening
- How to disable Patient Screening
- Helpful Resources
What is Patient Screening?
Patient Screening appears after the patient selects a practitioner and the time they wish to book.
- Once an appointment time is selected, the following message is shown:
If the patient answers Yes to this question, they will be shown the final following message and will not be able to continue with the booking.
- If you are using Best Practice, Medical Director, Zedmed, Dental4Windows or the HotDoc Calendar, and have Telehealth-enabled appointments available on HotDoc, these will also be shown as an option. For more information on setting up Telehealth, please visit: How to create and manage Telehealth appointments
How to turn on Patient Screening
In the HotDoc Dashboard, navigate to Bookings > Settings. Tick the box next to Enable patient symptoms screening questions for all in-person appointment types.
Select the green Save button in the bottom right to save your settings.
Please note: If you're using HotDoc Reminders, enabling Patient Screening will activate a message to appear when the patient clicks the SMS appointment reminder link.
How to disable patient screening
- In the HotDoc Dashboard, navigate to Bookings > Settings. Untick the box next to Enable patient symptoms screening questions for all in-person appointment types.
- Select the green Save button and this will turn off the patient screening.
- If you are using Best Practice, Medical Director, Zedmed, Dental4Windows or the HotDoc Calendar, for information about creating Telehealth appointments, please visit: How to create and manage Telehealth appointments
- For further tips on how to use HotDoc to assist with screening your patients, please visit: Creating an alert message for an emerging health concern