In the HotDoc Dashboard, you can set up screening questions at the time of booking to prevent patients from booking if they have COVID-19 symptoms.
You can also add customised alert messages to the below products via your Dashboard:
- HotDoc Bookings Page
- Appointment Types
- SMS reminders
Please read the following guide to learn more:
In this article
How to add an alert message for your Booking Page
- Log in to your HotDoc Dashboard
- Navigate to Setup > Practice Profile:
- Scroll down to the Alert Message section and paste the message you would like patients to read when looking at your online bookings page. For example:
Please ring reception prior to your appointment if you have a fever or flu-like symptoms like a cough or runny nose.
- Click the green Save button:
- The message will now appear at the top of your online bookings page and widget:
How to add an alert message to your Appointment Types
- Log into your HotDoc Dashboard
- Select Bookings > Appointment Types and then select Edit on any appointment type you wish to add a message to:
- Select the checkbox next to Add a message to appear as soon as this appointment type is selected, type your message and select Save. For example:
If you have a fever or flu-like symptoms like a cough or runny nose, please ring reception prior to your appointment.
- The alert will then be shown to the patient right after they select the appointment type they want to book:
You can also add this message in your terms and conditions. For more information and instructions, please see How do I add a message to appear when a patient selects an appointment type?
How to add a message to your SMS Reminders Page
Note: This section excludes practices using Helix and Genie
A message that appears once the patient clicks the hyperlink in their SMS Appointment Reminder will be shown automatically if your clinic has Screening Mode turned on:
Note: This section excludes practices using Optomate
HotDoc has also created a new Inform Promotion Campaign to help you alert and educate patients.
Simply go to your HotDoc Dashboard > Inform > Promotions and tick all of the checkboxes to maximise the touch points that your patients will see:
Mobile Check In and App
Note: This section excludes practices using Helix and Optomate
HotDoc's Mobile Check In and App solution is a great way for patients to be screened prior to coming into the clinic.
With Screening Mode enabled, patients will now see the following in their Appointments tab if they make a booking via HotDoc:
If you have our Mobile Check in solution turned on, they may be sent an SMS with the following information and alert:
The patient will also see the following alert after completing check in if viewing their Appointments Tab:
Alerts on your HotDoc Kiosk
Note: This section excludes practices using Helix, Genie, Optomate, Dental4Windows and HotDoc Calendar
By default, the HotDoc Kiosk will also show an alert screen as part of the check in process. If the patient selects Yes, they will be directed to report to reception:
Coronavirus is an evolving international health concern. Keep up to date with comprehensive information from:
|HotDoc has compiled a kit of useful information for your clinic, including how to best manage patient flow and reduce risk of cross-infection with the novel coronavirus COVID-19, in our Coronavirus/COVID-19 Kit.