HotDoc Mobile Check-In uses geolocation features in the patient's mobile device to verify that they are at your clinic and allow them to check in for their appointment. This allows you to reduce your reception queues with no additional hardware required.
Just like our kiosks it verifies the patient with a 3 point check and you can also request the feature to check to make sure the Medicare card on file hasn’t expired. If the check in is successful, we will arrive the patient's appointment in your waiting room.
In this article
How does Mobile Check-in work?
Mobile Check-in works with the HotDoc mobile app to notify and assist with checking the patient in.
- We send patients with the HotDoc app a push notification before their appointment letting them know to head to your clinic and check-in:
- When the patient arrives they can click Check in now in the Appointments tab of the app:
- We’ll then ask for permission to access the patient's location for the check-in:
- The patient confirms the Surname, Date of Birth, and Gender for the booked appointment then clicks Check in now:
- The patient is then checked in and shown their Place in Queue (if the feature is enabled). We’ll also display custom check-in messages if you have one set up:
We will display a message to the patient if they're unable to check-in because of the following reasons:
- The patient needs to be within 100m of the clinic to check in successfully. If they’re too far away, we’ll advise them to try again at the clinic or check-in at reception.
Please note: If your clinic has activated Screening Mode, this distance will be increased to 250m for patients to be able to check in outside of the waiting room.
- If their details don’t match or their medicare card has expired, we’ll advise their details need updating and to check-in at reception
How do I turn Mobile Check-in on?
Mobile check-in is generally on by default with the HotDoc Kiosk product.
- To turn the feature on or off, head to your HotDoc Dashboard and navigate to Check-in > Settings > Devices:
- Locate the Smartphone device and check/uncheck the box under the Mobile check-in option:
- Select the green Save button to save your change:
How can I let patients know that they can use Mobile Check-In?
As more patients use this feature, you will see a benefit in the reduction of reception queues. Increasing awareness is as simple as letting the patient know about the feature when they check in via reception:
- Remind patients to get the app if they make a booking in person or over the phone
- Let them know they’ll be able to check-in using the app when they arrive