Our new Mobile Check-In solution uses geolocation features in the patient's mobile device to verify they are at your clinic and check them in. This allows you to reduce your reception queues with no additional hardware required.
Just like our kiosks it verifies the patient with a 3 point check and you can also request the feature to check to make sure the Medicare card on file hasn’t expired.
How does Mobile Check-in Work?
- We send patients with the HotDoc app a push notification before their appointment letting them know to head to your clinic and check-in:
- When the patient arrives they can click Check in now in the Appointments tab of the app:
- We’ll ask permission to access the patient's location for the check-in
- The patient confirms the Surname, Date of Birth, and Gender for the booked appointment then clicks Check in now:
- The patient is then checked in and shown their Place in Queue (if the feature is enabled). We’ll also display custom check-in messages if you have one set up:
We’ll display a message to the patient when they're unable to check-in:
- If they’re too far away, we’ll advise them to try again at the clinic or check-in at reception
- If their details don’t match or their medicare card has expired, we’ll advise their details need updating and to check-in at reception
How can I let patients know that they can use Mobile Check-In?
As more patients use this feature, you will see a benefit in the reduction of reception queues. Increasing awareness is as simple as letting the patient know about the feature when they check in via reception:
- Remind patients to get the app if they make a booking in person or over the phone
- Let them know they’ll be able to check-in using the app when they arrive