In this article
Results uses the HotDoc Recalls system to send and manage the communication with a patient regarding their test results.
How does this work?
- HotDoc will sync a result into the HotDoc Dashboard only when a doctor actions the test from their inbox.
- Once test results are actioned by a GP, this action is synced from the Results Inbox in your clinical software and allocated to a HotDoc Results template.
An example of results that have synced into the HotDoc Dashboard
From the Dashboard:
- You can decide whether you want to start the sequence for an individual patient manually, or set the template to be automatically sent out.
- You can opt to have HotDoc continue to send SMNs to the patient until they've made a booking (for more info please see Pause on Booking for HotDoc Recalls).
- A patient is marked as done when the result has been marked as notified/given in the PMS.
- HotDoc will sync the action the doctor has assigned to the test and group this with other results performed on the same day for this patient (if they were sent for multiple tests).
An example of how grouped test results performed for the same patient is displayed in the Dashboard
Best Practice (BP)
- In Best Practice, HotDoc will sync a patient’s test results which have been filed under Investigation Report and Correspondence In.
- The HotDoc Results system has been optimised to isolate and send out SMNs or push notifications associated with results which have been marked as Non-Urgent Appointment.
- Some other actions might have the potential to be handled through the HotDoc system, but requires a more manual approach. However, we generally recommend that urgent actions such as Return Urgent or Nurse to Advise are still handled through Best Practice.
Medical Director (MD)
- In Medical Director, HotDoc will only sync a patient’s test results which have been filed under the Results tab in the patient file and labelled as Result under Location in Actioned List.
- The HotDoc Results system has been optimised to isolate and send out SMNs or push notifications associated with results which have been marked as Discuss and have no comments associated with them.
- HotDoc Results currently does not handle Custom Actions automatically.
Zedmed (coming soon)
- In Zedmed, HotDoc will only sync a patient's test results which have been filed in the Results Inbox in the patient file.
- The HotDoc Results system has been optimised to isolate and send out SMNs or push notifications associated with results which have been marked as Routine Appointment.