Walk In practitioner settings allows you to switch a practitioner on or off for walk in appointments booked through the HotDoc Kiosk.
This differs from 'Next Available' settings because it allows the patient to choose which practitioner they specifically want to see.
In this article
Locating Walk In Practitioner Settings
- From the HotDoc Dashboard menu on the left-hand side, click on Check-in > Settings.
- Select Walk Ins from the Check-In Settings Menu. If the Walk Ins option is not listed, please contact HotDoc Support to enquire about activating this feature.
Turning a Practitioner on for Walk Ins
- Ensure that Walk Ins is active by checking the Active box.
- Scroll to the bottom of this screen to 'Practitioner settings', check the boxes next to the Practitioners that you wish to make available for patients to specifically select for Walk In appointments.
What does the patient see when 'Next Available' practitioner is also selected?
- If you have both a 'Next Available' practitioner set and also have doctors checked in 'Practitioner Settings', the Kiosk will show both options for the patient after they have entered their surname, gender and DOB.
- The patient can then choose whether they would like to see the next available practitioner (regardless of who that is) or whether they would like to wait for a specific practitioner who has been listed as accepting Walk In appointments.
- For example: In the image below, Dr Frederick Findacure shows as an option as he has been switched on in the Dashboard settings above.
You can have a practitioner linked to 'Next Available Practitioner' as well as being checked under the 'Practitioner Settings' to be selected in the list.