When a new recall reason is synced into the HotDoc Dashboard, you will need to assign it to a Template so HotDoc knows what communication to send out. If a Recall template does not yet exist that best matches the reason, you may need to create a new template.
How to create a Template
- Login to the HotDoc Dashboard using your HotDoc login.
- Click on the Recalls option in the menu to the left of the screen, then select Template Groups. This page shows all the templates for both Clinical Reminders and Results, the reasons associated to each template, what sequence the template is assigned to, and whether the template is set to send automatically, or manually (if paused).
- To create a new template, select the New Template button to the right of the screen:
- Select a template from the drop down menu to start from. Alternatively, you can leave this field blank and create your own template from scratch by entering a new template name in the field below:
- Next, select a sequence from the drop down menu to determine how you wish to remind your patients about their Recall.
You may request custom sequences by contacting us via the green Support button below:
- Enter the message you wish to be displayed to your patients after they verify their DOB and surname in the Reminder message field:
- Below the Reminder message, you have a number of options to control when the message is sent to the patient:
- Add direct booking link adds the Book Appointment button to the Recall message
- Delay sending first SMN until due date will control whether the Recall message is sent as soon as the recall is synced into the Dashboard, or whether we wait until the due date assigned to the individual recall to notify the patient.
- Send HotDoc Recall automatically will allow you to control whether the template sends automatically, or whether you'd like to immediately pause the recall when it is synced into the Dashboard and manually resume it instead.
- There are a number of options that allow you control whether the Recall pauses when a patient has made a booking:
- To view the template in either SMN or Letter format, toggle the options above the phone image:
- Once you have finished creating your new template, double check your work then hit Save. You will then be taken back to the Template Groups screen:
- Finally, assign your reason in the Template Groups screen by following the instructions here: Using Template Groups