The Hide Sessions feature allows you to block parts of a practitioner's session from showing as available to book online.
This feature is often used to quickly take availability offline (e.g. if a doctor calls in sick) or to hide times that you may want to only be available by phone (e.g. walk ins or weekend slots).
This guide will show you how to hide a session from being visible to be booked online via the HotDoc Dashboard.
In this article
How to hide a session
- Log into the HotDoc Dashboard and go to Bookings then select Hide Sessions.
- Select the relevant doctor from the drop down list.
- The green blocks represent the practitioners active session setup in your appointment book. Click on a block to select a time or click and drag within the calendar to select a larger amount of time.
- You can then adjust the duration, choose how frequently this will repeat (daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly), add an end date (or keep forever) and add a description for this hidden block. Once you have finalised the settings press Save.
Once saved, the calendar on the Hide Sessions page will update to display the times that have been hidden (this will show in red):
How to edit or remove a hidden session
- If you would like to edit an existing hidden session, you are able to do so by clicking on the block and adjusting the details. If you'd like to remove the block, select Delete Session and press Save.