In order to setup HotDoc at your practice for online bookings, you must first configure Nookal and HotDoc using the instructions in this article. Doing this ensures:
- We sync practitioner, appointment and schedule information from Nookal to HotDoc
- Patients can search for and book appointments online via the HotDoc website and app
- Appointments seamlessly integrate into your Nookal Appointment Book
Please follow the steps below to complete this configuration and set up HotDoc at your practice.
In this article
What you'll need
In order for Nookal and HotDoc to integrate, we require an API key from from Nookal to be entered into the HotDoc Dashboard. Before you do the configuration, you'll need:
- Your HotDoc user account login details to log into the Dashboard (email and password)
- An API Key generated from Nookal, ensuring the status is marked as 'active'. To do this, please see Nookal's guide https://www.nookal.com/help/connecting-nookal-to-hotdoc
Once you have these two things, please follow the steps below to configure your integration.
How to configure Nookal for HotDoc
Ensure you have your API Key from Nookal before following the steps below to configure HotDoc:
- Log into the HotDoc Dashboard with your HotDoc user account email and password, then press Login:
- On the home page, click Get Started under step 1 of the bookings checklist:
- You will be directed to the Setup > Install HotDoc section. Enter the Nookal API key into the API Key field and press the Save button:
Confirm the details and select Yes, Save. We will then start syncing your information from Nookal to HotDoc such as your appointment types, practitioners, schedules and existing appointments.
Click the Home tab and complete the rest of the checklist to setup your practice profile, appointment types (services) and practitioners for online bookings.
Important: It will take up to 20 minutes from the time you enter your API Key to sync your schedules and appointments from Nookal through to HotDoc.
Please note: If your appointment types (services) aren't appearing in HotDoc as expected, please see My services aren't syncing to HotDoc as they appear in Nookal. How do I fix this?
Installing the HotDoc Sidebar
You are required to install the HotDoc Sidebar to process online bookings that require manual actioning from your team. We recommend installing this on your reception/manager computers so that you are notified of any bookings that come through to the Sidebar.
To install this, please see the article below and navigate to the 'Nookal' tab:
To learn how to process a bookings that may come through to the Sidebar, please see the article below: