The HotDoc Sidebar is a requirement on your reception workstations if your clinic uses Online Bookings, Forms or Appointment Reminders.
You may need to download the HotDoc Sidebar if:
- You are new to HotDoc and have just completed server installation
- You have misplaced the HotDoc Sidebar on your current workstation
- You have received a new workstation that requires install
If you need to install HotDoc on the clinic server because you are new to HotDoc or you have just performed a server migration, please see How to Install HotDoc instead.
How to download the Sidebar on a workstation
- Log in to the workstation using an administrator account.
- Download the HotDoc Sidebar installer from this link.
- Run the installer and follow the prompts (leave all defaults unless you require a different install directory)
- When the installation is complete the sidebar should automatically open up on the right-hand side of the screen and a shortcut should appear on your desktop.
- Log into the HotDoc Sidebar using your Clinic User (the email you received your user invitation to as well as the password that you set).
From here, you may wish to learn more about how to use the HotDoc Sidebar:
- How to Process Appointments in the Sidebar
- New Patient Registration Sidebar Workflow
- What happens when a patient replies to a Reminder message?