The HotDoc Sidebar is a requirement on your reception workstations if your clinic uses Online Bookings, Forms or Appointment Reminders.
You may need to download the HotDoc Sidebar if:
- You are new to HotDoc and have just completed server installation
- You have misplaced the HotDoc Sidebar on your current workstation
- You have received a new workstation that requires install
If you need to install HotDoc on the clinic server because you are new to HotDoc or you have just performed a server migration, please see How to Install HotDoc instead.
How to download the Sidebar on a workstation
- Log in to the workstation using an administrator account.
- Download the HotDoc Sidebar installer from this link.
- Run the installer and follow the prompts (leave all defaults unless you require a different install directory)
- When the installation is complete the sidebar should automatically open up on the right-hand side of the screen and a shortcut should appear on your desktop.
- Log into the HotDoc Sidebar using your registered user account details.
From here, you may wish to learn more about how to use the HotDoc Sidebar:
- How to Process Appointments in the Sidebar
- New Patient Registration Sidebar Workflow
- What happens when a patient replies to a Reminder message?