To access the HotDoc Dashboard or Sidebar, you require an active clinic user email address and password.
A clinic user is already setup as part of your clinic's sign up and on-boarding process. However, you may wish to setup multiple clinic users for your clinic staff if you have more than one person who will be interacting with HotDoc.
Each clinic user can be set with specific privileges such as access to just the Sidebar, or to the Dashboard and Sidebar, depending on their role. This allows you to control who accesses what data.
HotDoc recommends that you create a unique clinic user for each person at the clinic who will need access to the HotDoc Dashboard or Sidebar.
This allows you to de-commission users if they leave the practice so only active employees will have access to sensitive Dashboard or Sidebar data.
In this article
How to create a Clinic User
- Log into the HotDoc Dashboard using your existing clinic user and navigate to Setup > User Accounts. This will show you the list of existing Clinic Users already signed up to your HotDoc Account. Depending on when the user was created, you may see a name beside their login details:
- If the email has already been setup as a user, you will need to ask the user to reset their password to gain access again. If the email is not setup, select Invite new User:
- A box will appear which will ask you to enter the email address and what kind of access this user should have. Enter the email address and choose an appropriate access level that you would like to assign to that user:
- After you have chosen your settings, select Send Invite:
- You will be asked to verify the details again. If correct, select Send Invite one more time:
- The user will be sent an invite to the email address. They will need to select the link within the address to be taken to a page to activate their account with a name, password and acceptance of our Terms of Service:
- We will show the user in your list of user accounts as Invitation sent until they have activated their account:
How to edit or delete a Clinic User
Once a clinic user is created, you can edit the access level of the user or remove the user altogether. Please note:
- To edit the name or email address of a clinic user, you will need to delete the user and recreate it
- To update or remove the access level of other users in the HotDoc Dashboard. you need to have Dashboard and Sidebar access for your own user
- Log into the HotDoc Dashboard using your existing clinic user and navigate to Setup > User Accounts > Edit or Delete:
- If editing, choose a new access level in the dropdown menu and select the green Done button to save your changes:
- If deleting, confirm the deletion by selecting the Yes, Delete button.