This article will go through the process of configuring your Genie Appointment Book so that your patients can successfully book appointments online at your practice.
- Allow patients to book appointments via the HotDoc website or app
- Appointments seamlessly integrate into the Genie Appointment Book
- Free up time in your day, allowing you to deliver exceptional patient care
If you have any questions regarding HotDoc configuration, or you would like to register your interest for this product, please visit the Genie Website.
In this article
How to update your Genie Software
How to enable Specialist Bookings in Genie
Once your software is up to date, you must enable Specialist Bookings in the Advanced Extras section of your Genie software.
- Click Advanced Extras within your Genie Appointment book:
- If you are currently using Genie's Online Patient Registration, click the cog icon:
- Click the Disabled button to enable Specialist Bookings in Genie:
How to configure your Appointment Book
In order for appointments to sync automatically into your Genie Appointment Book, you will need to ensure the following two steps have been completed.
Make your appointments available online
- In the Appointment Book, navigate up to the Type drop down and click Modify:
- Choose which appointment type/s you wish to be visible to patients on the HotDoc system, tick Make Available Online checkbox, and OK to save:
- To create a new appointment type click the Add type button:
Set up your appointment schedule
Once your appointment types are checked as available online, you can schedule them in your Appointment Book at a time convenient to your doctors.
- Follow these Genie guides to set up as either Appointment Schedules or Non-patient Appointment Types:
- View or hide the appointments and schedule by toggling these two icons:
After you have configured your Genie software, you can begin to set up your HotDoc Dashboard and Sidebar so you are ready for patients to book appointments online. Please see the following articles: