This article will explain how to temporarily disable HotDoc when you have to close your clinic due to unforeseen or sudden circumstances (Eg. emergencies or COVID-19).
This will help to ensure that patients cannot book and do not turn up for appointment while you are closed.
In this article
1. Turn off Online Bookings
- Head to Bookings > Appointment Types in the Dashboard and select Edit next to the appointment type that requires updating:
- Untick Enabled for online appointments:
- Update your appointment type message to advise patients that they cannot book due to temporary closure and hit Save.
- Repeat the above steps for any other appointment type that you do not want patients to book while you are closed.
- You can also hide any upcoming sessions from the online bookings page using a Hide Session. For more information, please see: How to hide or remove a session
An alternative to disabling all appointment types for online bookings is turning on Telehealth only mode. For more information please see: How to activate Telehealth Only Mode
ⓘ Telehealth Only
2. Turn off Appointment Reminders
To stop appointment reminders while you are closed, head to Reminders > Settings and select Off under Activate Reminders:
3. Update the Alert Message on your Practice Profile
Alert Messages display at the top of your online bookings page and are a great way to communicate important information to your patients.
- To update this head to Setup > Practice Profile > Alert Message:
4. Send a Broadcast
If you would like to contact patients with an upcoming appointment, you do so with Broadcast. For more information, please see: How to create a Broadcast SMS
5. What to do when you reopen
- Reactivate bookings via Bookings > Appointment Types > Edit Appointment Type. Be sure to remove any message advising that your clinic is closed. For more information, please see: How to add, edit or remove appointment types
- Turn reminders back on via Reminders > Settings > Activate Reminders:
- Remove any Alert Message advising that the clinic is closed via Setup > Practice Profile > Alert Message. For more information, please see: Editing your Practice Profile