Our Kiosk is not loading the usual Check-in screen, or is saying that it can't connect to our wifi network. How can I fix this?
The first thing to try is to simply restart the Kiosk. You can do this by either switching it off and on at the wall, or by inserting a paper clip into the right hand side of the Kiosk:
If the issue persists after this, the Kiosk may have connected to a wifi network that either doesn't have an internet connection, or has restrictions in place that are preventing it from connecting to HotDoc.
The best thing to do at this point would be to get the Kiosk to disconnect from this wifi network and then reconnect to a new network (or sometimes reconnecting to the same network again can resolve connectivity issues).
If the Kiosk is launching the HotDoc Check-in app on startup, you will first need to get access to the Kiosk's system settings. To do this:
- Connect a USB keyboard to the back of the Kiosk
- Restart the Kiosk. When it reaches the screen below, press Ctrl + Alt + S on the keyboard. You may need to press this key combination repeatedly for it to register.
- Tap on the clock in the bottom right corner of the screen, then tap the wifi icon
- Tap the name of the wifi network it is currently connected to
- Tap Forget
- You can then connect the Kiosk to a new wifi network, or reconnecting to the same network again can resolve connectivity issues in some cases.