What do patients see when they receive an appointment reminder for their upcoming appointment, and what does it look like to confirm or cancel this?
When a patient receives an appointment reminder, they may receive an email, push notification or SMS to remind them of their appointment. They will then have the ability to confirm or cancel their appointment at your practice, depending on the reminder settings you have in place.
- The patient will receives an appointment reminder via email, push notification or SMS where they can open the notification by following the instruction in the message.
(For SMS, encourage them to read the message and click the link or they can respond Yes/No).
Example of a Email Reminder notification (click to enlarge)
Example of a Push Notification (PN)
Example of a SMS notification
- Once they've opened the notification, they will be asked to confirm or cancel their upcoming appointment attendance by clicking "Yes, I'm Coming" or "No, I can't make it"
- For SMS : If they click the link in their SMS they will be directed to this screen.
- For email: Once they click the confirm/cancel button they will be directed to this screen:
- For PN: once they patient taps the notification on their mobile, they will be directed to their app where they can click Notifications then "Tap here to confirm or cancel your appointment". They'll then be asked to confirm or cancel.
- If the patient confirms by clicking Yes, I'm coming, they will see a screen informing them of their confirmation:
- If you have an Inform Promotion turned on for Reminders, the patient will view it on this screen:
Example of GP Inform promotion
Example of Dental Inform promotion
- The patient may also receive an email confirming their appointment confirmation up to 15 minutes after they confirmed.
- If a patient cancels an appointment, after opening their email, push notification or SMS notification on their mobile device, they will proceed to the following screen:
- After selecting "Yes, cancel appointment" , they will see confirmation of this cancellation and will have the opportunity to reschedule their appointment by clicking Book new appointment:
| If the patients would like further information, feel free to send them the following link to our Patient support page:
What is a SMS Reminder?