When a patient uses the HotDoc Kiosk, they will be guided through a number of screens. This article will take you through what that journey looks like on the Kiosk device at the practice.
For information on what the patient sees during Mobile Check-In please read Mobile Check-in.
The HotDoc Kiosk Patient Journey
As a security measure, the check-in software will 'time out' if the patient has not touched the screen for 20 seconds, it will then present with a 10 second warning before timing out after 30 full seconds of inactivity.
- Upon approaching the Kiosk, the patient will see a screen that asks them to tap to begin check in:
- After tapping to begin, the patient then confirms whether they have already booked an appointment. If they do not have an existing appointment, they will be sent to reception:
- If the patient has an appointment, they will then be asked if they have attended your practice before. If they are a new patient, they will be sent to Reception to check in:
- If they are an existing patient, they will then be asked to complete a three-point identity check where they will provide their surname, gender and date of birth:
- At this stage, HotDoc will take this information and check to see if the patient is eligible to check in via the Kiosk. There may be some reasons why the patient is unable to check in such as:
- HotDoc are unable to find an appointment with the details provided
- Patient is too late or too early for their appointment
- Patient needs to update details on their file such as Medicare
If for some reason they are unable to check in they will be directed to Reception and may also see a reason for this on the Kiosk screen:
- If we are able to find an appointment that can be checked in based upon your practice's settings, they will then confirm the appointment they have booked:
- After confirming their time, they will be asked to verify any personal details that they may want to update while they are here:
- Finally, the patient will then see a completion screen that confirms their check in: