Patients are receiving pre-appointment information, vaccine consent forms or appointment reminders for non-vaccine appointment types. How do I fix this?
This will apply for both COVID-19 Vaccines and Flu Vaccines if you have completed the setup in the Vaccinations section of the Dashboard.
There are two possible reasons why patients with a non-vaccine appointment may be receiving vaccine communications:
- You may have appointment types in your Practice Management Software (PMS) that are linked to more than one HotDoc appointment type in the Dashboard.
- You may have selected the incorrect appointment type from your practice management software (eg. Standard Appointment) in the COVID-19 or Flu vaccine setup.
Please click the links below to identify whether this is your issue, and solve this in your Dashboard:
- PMS appointment type linked to multiple HotDoc appointment types
- Incorrect PMS appointment type selected in vaccine setup
PMS appointment type linked to multiple HotDoc appointment types
In this case, your PMS Flu Vaccine appointment type may be linked to your HotDoc 'Standard appointment' type, so when patients book a standard appointment type they are receiving specific vaccine features such as consent forms, appointment reminders and emails.
- To identify if this is the issue, go to your Dashboard and select Vaccinations , then COVID-19 or Flu and you will see linked appointment types under HotDoc Bookable Appointment:
- Click Edit next to the appointment type that is receiving the incorrect appointment communications (in this case, as per the example above, Standard appointment):
- Scroll down to the section titled Link to [Clinical Software] Appointment Type. You will see the appointment type is incorrectly linked. Click the X to unlink this appointment type:
- Click Yes to confirm that you are unlinking the appointment type in your clinical software (Flu vaccine) from your HotDoc appointment type (Standard appointment):
- Re-link the correct appointment type by clicking the dropdown and selecting an option:
- Click the green Save button to save your changes. All future appointments made for this appointment type will send the appropriate communications.
Incorrect PMS appointment type selected in vaccine setup
- To identify is this is the issue, go to the Dashboard and select Vaccinations, then COVID-19 Vaccines or Flu Vaccines depending on what communications are being sent to the patient:
- Scroll down and locate the appointment type that is not your specific vaccine appointment type. In this example you can see Standard appointment is linked:
- Click the red Remove button next to the features, then select Yes, Remove to remove the vaccine features from that appointment type:
- The appointment type and vaccine features will be removed so patients will no longer receive the wrong communications. Click Set up Flu Vaccine appt to complete the onboarding flow again and link the correct appointment type: