HotDoc Forms, in conjunction with the HotDoc Appointment Calendar, allows you to send a link to your digitised form ahead of a patient's appointment.
Read the following guide to learn how to send a patient the link to your clinic's form.
In this article
Send using Online Bookings
HotDoc will automatically send a link to a 'New Patient' form in the confirmation email of a New Patient booking:
- When a new patient makes a booking with HotDoc for your clinic, this appointment will be sent to your Sidebar for validation. If the patient is new, you can select Create New Patient to accept the booking:
- Once the booking is accepted as a 'new patient' booking, we will send the patient a confirmation email with a link to fill in the form:
Send using the HotDoc Appointment Calendar
The HotDoc Appointment Calendar allows you the option to opt a patient into HotDoc communication consent and send a form link when you are adding an appointment.
Adding a New Appointment
- When adding a new appointment, select Add Patient to enter in the new patient details:
- In the Edit Availability modal, enter the patient's details and select both checkboxes next to Patient consents to receive SMS and email and Send New Patient Form:
- Once you select Save, HotDoc will send a new patient form request to the patient via email or SMS.
How to check a the status of a Form request
The HotDoc Calendar will clearly show if a Form request has been initiated, as well as whether the request has been actioned by the patient.
- Any appointment that has had a form request sent will show a small form icon:
- If you hover over the appointment, you will be able to view confirmation of the form request and at which stage it is at:
When HotDoc has sent the patient a request to fill in the form via SMS or email, you will see a blue form logo and upon hovering over the appointment, see the 'pending submission' status:
When the patient has successfully submitted their request to the Sidebar for actioning, you will see an orange form logo and upon hovering over the appointment, see the submitted status:
When the Sidebar submission has been completed by your team, you will see a green form logo and upon hovering over the appointment, see the 'complete' status: