The HotDoc Appointment Calendar allows you to send forms to patients as required. As a patient submit their forms, you will need to process them within the HotDoc Sidebar by copying and pasting the details into their patient record.
This guide contains a training video and a step by step guide on how to process a form request through the HotDoc Sidebar.
For practices using Best Practice, Medical Director or Zedmed, please see our form submission guide here.
In this article
We recommend that each member of your team who will be processing forms watches the video below and is confident in using the HotDoc Sidebar.
How do I access my Form Submissions?
Patients' form submissions are accessed from the HotDoc Sidebar. Please ensure all reception computers have the Sidebar open, this way each team member can help process your submissions.
- To see your forms, first select Menu from your Sidebar:
- Then click on Forms:
- You can then see forms which are requiring your attention.
|It is important that you regularly check your New Patient Registration Form submissions. This will ensure all patient files are up to date and the forms completed before the patient arrives at the practice.|
What does each Form Status mean?
Your form submissions appear in the order in which they were submitted, with the most recent at the top. Submissions can also be filtered by patient name using the search bar at the top of the Sidebar:
Example of the Patient Search bar
Submissions can be in any of the following statuses:
- Submitted - This can be colour coded as either red or green and means the submission was submitted by the patient and is waiting to be copy and pasted by your team:
- Complete - Completed submissions will not appear in the Sidebar unless you select the Include Complete checkbox in the Sidebar. This means that the submission has been manually entered into patient’s file and can be removed from the list of forms that require actioning.
- Removed - If you have opted to remove the submission, it will no longer appear in the Sidebar or the completed list.
How do I process Form submissions?
Once a form is submitted by a patient via their link, HotDoc will do the following:
- Send the submission to the HotDoc Sidebar for your team to manually copy and paste into their clinical record
- Update your Appointment Book to show a 'submitted' icon
When you see a form in the HotDoc Sidebar, we require you to action it depending on its form status.
- Navigate to HotDoc Sidebar > Menu > Forms:
- Here you can see all forms that require actioning. To copy and paste details into the patient's clinical record, select Copy Fields:
- Select the Copy button to save the field to your clipboard then paste it into the clinical record. When you are done, select Finish Copy & Pasting:
- You can then choose to Download PDF to download a version to save to your computer or attach to the patient file and Mark as Complete to clear it from the Sidebar: