HotDoc are excited to add to the newest product in Genie's suite of Advanced Extras - Online Bookings, powered by HotDoc.
This tool will enable your patients to book appointments at your practice via the HotDoc website or app. These appointment bookings will then seamlessly integrate into your Genie Appointment Book, freeing up time in your day while allowing you to continue to deliver exceptional patient care.
This article will go through the process of configuring your Genie Appointment Book so that your patients can start to successfully book appointments online at your practice.
Before you begin
This product is currently available for early adopters and will be available for general release in the coming weeks pending additional testing. If you have any questions regarding HotDoc configuration, or you would like to register your interest for this product, please visit the Genie Website.
|The following steps are required to be completed to ensure Genie is configured correctly to use Online Bookings.|
In this article
1. Update your Genie Software
In order to successfully utilise this new product, you will need to be on the latest version of Genie. Please see Genie's article on updating software for instructions on how to do this as well as their Downloads page.
2. Enable Specialist Bookings in Genie
Once your software is up to date, you must enable Specialist Bookings in the Advanced Extras section of your Genie software.
- Click on the Advanced Extras button within your Genie Appointment book to open the Advanced Extras window in your default web browser:
- If you are currently using Genie's Online Patient Registration, click on the cog option in the top-left to open the settings window.
- If you do not currently use any advanced extras as of yet, you should see the below settings window upon clicking the Advanced Extras button:
- Click the Enabled button to enable Specialist Bookings in Genie.
3. Configure your Appointment Book
In order for appointments to sync automatically into your Genie Appointment Book, you will need to ensure the following two steps have been completed.
Make your appointments available online
- In the Appointment Book, navigate up to the Type drop down and choose Modify:
- Within the window that appears, choose which appointment type/s you wish to be visible to patients on the HotDoc system by ensuring the Make Available Online checkbox has been ticked:
- If you would like to create a new appointment type specifically for online patients, click the Add type button and check the Make Available Online box for that type.
Set up your appointment schedule
- Once your appointment types are checked as available online, you can schedule them in your Appointment Book at a time convenient to your doctors. These can be set up as either Appointment Schedules or Non-patient Appointment Types:
- You can switch to the scheduler view by clicking the icon below in your Appointment Book:
After you have configured your Genie software, you can begin to set up your HotDoc Dashboard and Sidebar so you are ready for patients to book appointments online.