A new patient made a booking for my clinic but did not receive a New Patient Registration form link via HotDoc. Why did this happen?
There are sometimes a number of contributing factors that could prevent a form from going out to a patient.
To fix this issue:
- Start by checking if the patient has met the criteria for HotDoc to send a NPR form. See How do New Patients access the form? to double check whether the patient in question has met the
- If they have satisfied the reasons listed above, there could be other potential factors:
- Does the patient have a valid mobile number/email address attached to their patient file?
- Was the appointment booked more than 3 hours after the patient file was made AND is it not booked as a 'New Patient' appointment type?
- Has the patient booked the appointment within 24 hours of the appointment time?
- Is the appointment booked further into the future? By default HotDoc forms are prompted to be completed at 3pm the day before the appointment.
- Has the patient opted out of receiving electronic communications?
- If all else has been checked and you are required to send the form manually to the patient, you can provide them the URL link to your form (located in Forms > Preview > Copy and paste the URL link of your form), or have them fill the form in digitally on a device when they come into the clinic.