- How does HotDoc Payments work?
- Can I charge privately for Telehealth?
- Can all patients be privately billed for Telehealth?
- Will HotDoc appropriately screen for eligible private patients?
- What are Stripe and Pin Payments?
- How will the practice get paid?
- What is the fee for using payments?
- Does this service work for appointments made over the phone?
- How do I get started with HotDoc Payments?
- How do I set up payments for an appointment type?
- What is the patient experience for HotDoc Payments?
- How will a patient receive their Medicare rebate?
How does HotDoc Payments work?
Once a mixed/private practice is set up with a Stripe or Pin account, they can securely accept payments during the online bookings process for their appointments.
See Getting Started with Payments for more information.
Can I charge privately for Telehealth?
Yes. As of April 6, 2020, the Federal Government announced further expansion of Telehealth to accommodate private billing.
Can all patients be privately billed for Telehealth?
No. The following patients must be bulk-billed:
- Concession card holders
- Children aged 16 and under
- Patients at increased risk of COVID-19 (as per previous guidelines)
Will HotDoc appropriately screen for eligible private patients?
Yes. As part of the online booking process, patients will be screened for private billed or bulk billing eligibility using a series of questions.
What are Stripe and Pin Payments?
Stripe and Pin Payments are secure payment platforms, which allow HotDoc to accept a payment on your behalf. As part of HotDoc Payments, you will need to set up an account through one of these two providers:
How will the practice get paid?
Depending on your payment provider, you can choose how often funds are paid out into your account, or it can be done fortnightly. HotDoc Payments will also have reporting options so you can reconcile payments with your payment provider.
What is the fee for using Payments?
HotDoc will charge 2.75% +30c per transaction.
Does this service work for appointments made over the phone?
Yes, HotDoc Payments supports Payment Requests which allows you to send ad-hoc payment requests to your patients. See Creating a Payment Request for more information.
How do I get started with HotDoc Payments?
- Choose between a Stripe or Pin Payments for payment processing, and create an account:
- Once HotDoc Payments is officially released, we'll be in touch with the next steps!
How do I set up payments for an appointment type?
How to activate Payments for step by step instructions.
What is the patient experience for HotDoc Payments?
See How does a patient pay for their consult for more information.
How will a patient receive their Medicare Rebate?
If using HotDoc Payments, we recommend that you charge the patient for the full amount of the appointment upfront and then send the claim electronically to medicare using your clinical software.
See How does a patient claim their Medicare rebate? for more information.