A patient did not attend their appointment, how do I cancel the funds or collect these funds as a result of a 'did not attend fee'?
If the patient has not attended their appointment, or it has not been marked as seen or gone in your practice management software, you can cancel or collect the funds manually in the Dashboard.
If you want to charge a specific 'did not attend' fee, we recommend that you cancel the patient's payment and organise an alternative payment method such as a Payment Request.
To cancel a patient's payment
You can cancel the patient's payment if they did not attend the appointment using the steps below:
- In your HotDoc Dashboard, head to Payments > Online Bookings then locate the booking and select the Cancel button:
- You will then be asked to confirm that you wish to cancel the funds. Select Yes, Cancel to continue:
- The payment request will then be cancelled and the patient will not be charged. If you want to send a specific did not attend fee, you can do this by following the instructions in this article How to create, refund or cancel a HotDoc Payment Request.
To collect a patient's payment
The collect option is only applicable if it is still within 5 business days of the appointment request. To collect the payment:
- In your HotDoc Dashboard, head to Bookings > Payments > Online Bookings then locate the booking and select the Collect button:
- If applicable, you can modify the amount by typing in the Amount to collect field. To confirm, select Collect amount:
- The patient will receive an email advising them of the funds being finalised.