If the patient has added a payment method for their upcoming appointment, what happens to this payment if they cancel or reschedule their appointment?
Below outlines the expected behaviour if an upcoming payment if a patient cancels or reschedules their appointment:
HotDoc will not collect any funds if the patient successfully cancels their appointment. This could include if the patient:
- Calls your practice directly to cancel, and you remove this from the appointment book manually
- Patient cancels their upcoming appointment in their HotDoc account via the app or website.
- Has their appointment manually cancelled in the appointment book via reception
If a patient calls and wishes to reschedule their online booked appointment, you can either:
- Tell the patient to cancel the appointment via the HotDoc app and create another appointment at a new time that suits them. This option will cancel the collection of funds for their current appointment and then take them to create a new appointment instead.
- You can manually cancel the appointment and reschedule the appointment in your appointment book. This option will cancel the request for HotDoc to process the payment, you will need to organise your own payment method for the rescheduled booking (ie. there will be no HotDoc Payment)