When a patient books through reception, will they receive a confirmation email for their appointment?
Yes! Patients will receive appointment confirmation emails for appointments booked by your reception team. Please read the information below for what information is included, or for how to disable these emails.
What information is in these emails?
- The patients appointment details, your practice information with a map and a link to view the appointment in the HotDoc app.
- Appointment confirmation emails will send if the email address field is entered in the patient file.
- If a patient has multiple appointments on one day we will only send one email for the first appointment of the day.
- If a patient's appointment has already had an email sent and was since rescheduled, we will not send another email if the rescheduling occurred on the same day. We recommend you call the patient and let them know the appointment has been rescheduled in these instances.
- If patients do not want to receive these emails they can opt out at anytime using a link at the bottom of the email.
- Note: If you have set up Flu and COVID-19 appointment types to receive the vaccine features, the confirmation email will be different and include pre-appointment information and an option to complete the consent form:
Can I stop patients from receiving this email?
If you would prefer to not send these confirmation emails, you can switch these off in the Dashboard.
- In the HotDoc Dashboard, go to Bookings > Settings
- Uncheck the box next to the Send confirmation emails for appointments booked by reception and click Save