How do I create a new patient file in Dental4Windows (D4W) from a form submission in the Sidebar?
Creating a new patient file can be done once a New Patient Registration Form has been submitted to the Sidebar. To do this, you must be:
- Logged into the installed version of the Sidebar with your Sidebar or Sidebar/Dashboard only user account details.
- Have the D4W program open and running on your computer (otherwise you will see a error in the Sidebar)
|Note: This will not work with Practitioner View as this user account does not have access to Forms.|
How to create a new patient file:
- Log in to the installed version of the Sidebar using your Sidebar/Dashboard user credentials:
- In the Sidebar, click on Menu and select Forms to access your form submissions:
- In a patients New Patient Registration Form submission, click the Create Patient File in Dental4Windows button:
- A new patient file will then be created in D4W, and some details from the form will automatically copy over into the patient file (See below for what fields):
- To copy the outstanding information into the patient file by clicking Copy Fields in the Sidebar and copy and paste the details into D4W. Select Finished Copy & Pasting once complete!
For more information on how to process forms, see: How to process form submissions with the HotDoc Appointment Calendar.
What fields copy into the patient file automatically?
The following fields should copy into the new patient file automatically. If they don't you will be required to copy and paste these using the instruction above:
- first name
- last name
- middle name
- preferred name
- date of birth
- address 1
- address 2