How do I recall patients back for a Dose 3/Booster appointment, 3 months after the date of their Dose 2 appointment?
There are two ways in which you can do this:
- Using HotDoc Broadcasts: Send a broadcast to patients using the targeted filtering option for COVID-19 Dose 2 appointment types.
- Using HotDoc Recalls: Set up a recall in the patient record for 5 months time and HotDoc will send a reminder to the patient when their recall is due.
Using HotDoc Broadcasts
- In your Dashboard, go to Broadcasts > New Broadcast:
- Under templates, select the COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose Template:
- Here you can edit the text in the SMS message box, and in the select practitioner field choose a HotDoc practitioner you would like patients to book with (Eg. COVID Practitioner):
- In the Who are you sending to? field, ensure the radio button is selected for the Manually select audience (default). Here you can filter your target audience with the following details:
Appointment date range:
- From: (start date to recall patients from, e.g. beginning of vaccine period 01-03-2021)
- To: (last date to recall patients, e.g. 5 months ago 01-05-2021).
- We suggest only targeting patients who are eligible to book their booster within the next 3 months
- Select all of your COVID-19 vaccine Dose 2 appointment types as created in your clinical software
- You can select the status of the patients appointment to ignore 'no-shows'
- You will see the estimate cost based on your filters selected. Click the green Next Step button to continue, or Save Draft to continue later:
- Review broadcast shows a full summary of the details selected. Here you can:
- Send a demo message to yourself by entering your mobile number and clicking Send Demo
- Click Save Draft to send later
- If you're ready, click Send Broadcast to send this immediately.
- After clicking Send SMS, HotDoc will automatically start to send out the SMS's, you don't need to do anything else! You can view How can I view my Broadcast History? for a summary of your broadcast.
Using HotDoc Recalls
If you are already using HotDoc to manage your Recalls, you may find it more convenient to use this to send your booster reminders too.
This option works just the same as using HotDoc Recalls for your clinical reminders.
For HotDoc to be able to sync recalls into the Dashboard for actioning, you will need to have entered a clinical reminder/recall under an appropriate reason into the patient file. HotDoc will sync these as expected once the due date enters the sync window.
- In the Dashboard, go to Recalls > Templates and create a template for your Dose 3 recall. Please see How to edit, add and remove Clinical Reminder Templates for further instructions.
- Once the template is made, you can assign your Dose 3 reason to the template. Please see How to assign a reason to a Template Group for further instructions.