Dashboard Switching allows a registered 'Dashboard Only' user account to have access to multiple practice's Dashboards through a quick-switch feature. This allows greater visibility and management across multiple practices that are part of the same group or that have multiple sites.
|This feature is not available to all clinics - Please contact your Customer Success Manager to enquire about this feature.|
In this article
How to add a new user account for Dashboard Switching
This feature will need to be set up by your Customer Success Manager. Once that is completed, you can add a new user account for Dashboard Switching by following the steps below.
Important information regarding this feature:
- To register a new user account for Dashboard Switching, please have a unique email address ready that is not already in use for a HotDoc user account.
- You will not be able to log into the HotDoc Sidebar with this user account – this feature is strictly for Dashboard only. You will see the following error and be required to create a new user account with a unique email for Sidebar access.
- To add a new user account for Dashboard Switching, your current user account must have access to invite/edit/delete user accounts. Please use a user account that has this access to add new user accounts.
To add new user account
- Log in to your Dashboard then go to Setup > User Accounts
- Click "+ Invite New User"
- Add the email address, and under Access Level select Dashboard Only. If you are part of a group with multiple sites on a shared database, you will see the checkbox to grant "Dashboard Only" access to multiple clinics in the same company. You can then select one of the options:
Allow access to all clinics in the company - Then press Send Invite to proceed.
Select only a few clinics - Filter by state or clinic name and select the checkbox next to the name. Select Next when finished.
Confirm the email address, choose if this user will have access to invite, edit and delete other users then select Send Invite.
Note: If the checkbox is not ticked next to invite/edit/delete other users, the invitee will not have access to the User Accounts page in the Dashboard. They will however still be able to switch between different Dashboards.
- The user will then be sent an email to the registered email address, where they can set a password by clicking Set My Password and logging in to the Dashboard:
To invite an exisiting "Dashboard only" user account to a new Dashboard
- To invite an existing user account (with Dashboard only access) to another clinic's Dashboard, repeat the process above with the same registered email address in the requested clinics Dashboard.
Note: The user creating this must have access to add/edit/delete user accounts otherwise they will not have access to the User Accounts page in the Dashboard.
When the user account is added to a new Dashboard they will receive the following email notification:
How to switch between Dashboards
Once you have access to multiple Dashboards, you can easily switch between Dashboards using these steps:
- Once logged in to the Dashboard, at the top left hand side click the drop-down arrow next to the name of your clinic (see image below in step 2).
- Select the Dashboard you would like to access. If you have access to 7 or more Dashboards you can use the search bar to find the clinic's name or state:
1-6 clinic view
7+ clinic view
I'm trying to invite a user account but the email address is already in use. What should I do?
You must use a unique email address that is not currently registered for a HotDoc user account at any clinic. Try again with a different unique email address.
I'm trying to create a new user account but I can't see the User Accounts tab.
To add a new user account for Dashboard Switching, your current user account must have access to invite/edit/delete user accounts. Please use a user account that has this access, then try again.
I am having trouble logging in to the HotDoc Sidebar with my user account.
You cannot log in to the HotDoc Sidebar with your Dashboard Only user account. If you manage more than one clinic and require access to the Sidebar for each clinic, you must create a Sidebar login with a unique email address for each clinic. You can do this by using the instructions in this article: How to create, edit or delete a User Account
I don't have access to a specific clinics Dashboard. What could be causing this?
You may have not been granted access to this clinic's Dashboard when your Customer Success Manager set this up for you. Please contact them directly and let them know the clinic you do not have access to, and they can amend this for you.
Why I can’t invite a new user to a clinic’s Dashboard in the same company/group?
Same as above, you may have not been granted access to this clinic's Dashboard when your Customer Success Manager set this up for you. Please contact them directly and let them know the clinic(s) you do not have access to, and they can amend this for you. Once they've done this, you can invite a new user to all the clinics you have access to.