The Practitioner View feature is an efficient way for practitioners to swiftly access patients upcoming and future appointments directly from the HotDoc Sidebar. This allows you to:
- View upcoming appointments and patient details
- Join or create a Telehealth Video appointment
- Open a patient file from the HotDoc Sidebar (Dental4Windows only)
Please review the following article for a step by step guide on how to use this feature.
In this article
How to log into Practitioner View
- Firstly, you will be required to create a user account with Practitioner View permissions using the instructions in this article, then proceed to the next step.
Note: If you already have a Practitioner View account, proceed to the next step.
- Once you've created an account, you should receive an email like below. Download the Sidebar from the email or click this link to download the Sidebar, run the installer and follow the prompts.
Note: If you already have the Sidebar installed, proceed to the next step.
- Log in to the HotDoc Sidebar with your registered Practitioner View details and you will be able to access your Calendar:
How to view upcoming appointments and patient details
- Once logged into the Sidebar, you will see a calendar view of your upcoming appointments on the current date with the following information:
- To see a patients appointment details, click on the appointment to see:
How to search for a patient file in D4W using the Sidebar
|Note: This feature will only be available if your practice is using Dental4Windows (D4W)|
There are a few requirements that must be met in order for this tool to work:
- You must be logged into the installed version of the Sidebar, not the web version.
D4W program must be open and running. If not, the practitioner will see a clear error message in the Sidebar telling them to open D4W.
- In D4W, the Patient Records section in D4W must be open and in the Patients tab. If not, the practitioner will see a clear error message in the Sidebar telling them to open patient records.
- Patients must have an existing patient file in D4W for the patient search to work.
Search for a patient file
This tool searches for existing patient files in D4W using the first and last name from the patients appointment in your HotDoc Calendar. This tool allows you to quickly open the patient file so you can enter notes, charts, etc in the patient file in D4W.
- Once logged into the installed Sidebar, click on a patients appointment in the Sidebar and click the Patient File button:
- This will open the Find a patient box in D4W and search for existing patient files. Match the patient's phone number and date of birth in the Sidebar to the correct patient file in D4W, then click this in D4W to open the file:
How to access Telehealth Video Appointments
|The following only applies if your practice has enabled Telehealth Video appointments.|
This feature can be used to join a Telehealth Video consult directly from the Sidebar, or converting a Telehealth Phone consult into a Video Consult if you require to see the patient.
How to join a Telehealth Video appointment
- Once logged into the installed Sidebar, c lick the video icon next to the patients appointment
- Click Join Video Consultation
- You will then be redirected to an internet browser to begin the Telehealth Video consultation with the patient.
Convert Telehealth Phone appointment to Telehealth Video
- Once logged into the installed Sidebar, click the video icon next to the patients appointment
- Click the green Start Video Consultation, then click Join Video Consult
- You will then be redirected to an internet browser to begin the Telehealth Video consultation. The patient will then receive an SMS or push notification inviting them to join the video session: