By default, the Sidebar will automatically open at login for all users who have a profile on your clinic's terminal server.
If you would like it to only open automatically for certain users, e.g. reception, you can configure this behaviour from the Sidebar.
In this article
Disable or re-enable the HotDoc Sidebar's auto-startup
- Ensure you are logged into an admin account
- Click onto the Sidebar & press Ctrl+Shift+S
The screen below should appear showing all local users, which you can disable/enable as you please:
If the above steps aren't having the desired effect, the configuration of the server may be interfering with how these settings work. In this case the following items may also be used to control the auto-start behaviour of the Sidebar:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (shortcut)
- C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (shortcut)
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (registry key)
- C:\Users\<user>\.hotdoc\config.ini (the runonstartup value in here is what the Ctrl+Shift+S settings change)