How can I view and enable COVID-19 Patient Screening to assist with screening for patients who may be at risk and require further support during this time?
You can activate and customise COVID-19 Patient Screening from the HotDoc Dashboard. Please see below for further instructions.
What is Patient Screening?
COVID-19 Patient Screening appears after the patient selects a practitioner and the time they wish to book.
- Once an appointment time is selected, the following message is shown:
- After selecting I will answer truthfully, they will be asked one of more of the following questions, depending on the options selected in your practice's HotDoc Dashboard:
- If the patient answers Yes to any of these questions, they will be shown a final message and will not be able to continue with the booking.
You can configure which options are shown in this message from the HotDoc Dashboard, as explained below.
- If you are using Best Practice, Medical Director, Zedmed, Dental4Windows or the HotDoc Calendar, and have Telehealth enabled appointments available on HotDoc, these will also be shown as an option.
For more information, please visit: How to create and manage Telehealth appointments
How to turn on Patient Screening
- In the HotDoc Dashboard, navigate to Bookings > COVID-19 Mode. Tick the box next to Patient Screening Enabled
- You can choose to hide the visited hotspot or recent travel questions by unticking the boxes. Note that the symptoms and direct contact questions are not able to be hidden.
- Choose where to direct at risk patients - either to call your reception, call the Coronavirus info line, or both.
Note that if you have Telehealth enabled appointment types available on HotDoc, patients will also be directed to book these.
Select the green Save button in the bottom right to save your settings.
Please note: If you're using HotDoc Reminders, enabling COVID-19 patient screening will activate a message to appear when the patient clicks the SMS appointment reminder link.
- If you are using Best Practice, Medical Director, Zedmed, Dental4Windows or the HotDoc Calendar, for information about creating Telehealth appointments, please visit: How to create and manage Telehealth appointments
- For further tips on how to use HotDoc to assist with screening your patients, please visit: Creating an alert message for an emerging health concern