HotDoc Repeats is a service that offers patients the option to request repeat prescriptions for regular medications or referrals for regularly attended Specialist appointments.
View the training video below, or read through the steps below to be taken through the patient journey.
The Patient Journey
- When a patient visits your bookings page, they will see these buttons at the top of the screen:
- This will take them to a new page to begin their request.
- Next, the patient will need to agree to your clinics terms and conditions, and choose a preferred delivery method. You can choose the delivery options available to your patient and the costs associated with each type:
- If the patient selects an eScript delivery method, they will be told to contact the clinic if their details have changed as the prescription will be sent to the email/mobile stored at the clinic.
- The patient will then select their doctor and if this request is for themselves or someone else like a dependent.
- Next, they will enter their details. Please note that patients do not need a HotDoc account to request a repeat prescription or referral:
- The patient will then provide the details of their prescription request and any other notes they have:
- If the patient is requesting a referral, they will add their specialists details here:
- Once this has been done, they will confirm their details and process to payment:
- Once the patient has completed their payment, the request will be sent to the clinic to be approved.
- The patient will receive an email stating their request has been received by the clinic.
- They will then be notified via email when the request has been approved or denied by the clinic. The email will slightly differ depending on the delivery method or repeat request.
- If the request has been approved by the clinic:
- If the request has been declined by the clinic: