In some cases, you may want a Recalls template to pause when the patient has made an appointment for their recall reason.
To learn more about this template feature, please read Pause on Booking for HotDoc Recalls. You can also watch the video below for a quick introduction.
How To Set Up Pause On Booking
We generally recommend that clinics use the Pause on Booking feature for Results and Clinical Reminders where the patient should return to the clinic in a timely manner. To set this up, please follow the instructions as outlined below:
- Log into your HotDoc Dashboard
- In the left hand menu, click on Recalls then Template Groups:
- Select the relevant tab (either Clinical Reminder Templates or Results Templates)
- Click Edit Template on the relevant template:
- Scroll down to the section Stop Recall sequence when and select Patient has an upcoming appointment:
- The template pause feature also allows you to select the relevant appointments from the list to match up. Select an appointment by checking the box next to the option you would like to link. You can also select multiple appointment types if needed.
Please note: This is a list of HotDoc appointments types. If the appointment you wish to link is not appearing in this list, you will need to set it up in your HotDoc appointment types, making sure to link the HotDoc appointment with the relevant clinical software appointment type and location:
- Once a link is established, click the green Save button:
Your recalls will then be paused from sending when the patient has an upcoming appointment. Please note the sequence will restart if the appointment is cancelled of the patient is a no-show. The recall will be marked as done once it is resolved in your clinical software.